What have you done to your mustang today?

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
THat would be the way to do it and imo would look great!

Thanks! me too. would be different stripe design for sure.crazy thing is design idea hit me when i was looking at the hood pins when they first arrived on Saturday.Then when the hood pin was on the drivers side, I looked at it and thought the gold stripes would be perfect with the color changed to this kind of design.

Last edited:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Thanks! me too. would be different stripe design for sure.crazy thing is design idea hit me when i was looking at the hood pins when they first arrived on Saturday.Then when the hood pin was on the drivers side, I looked at it and thought the gold stripes would be perfect with the color changed to this kind of design.

You could do a carbon fiber look in the gold... that would be sweet! I think that is what you were referring to

I would dip my balls in CF if my wife would let me lol

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Started the AeroCatch hood pins install, got the drivers side done, now to get the passenger side tomorrow. took a lot longer to do than expected since the dizzy spells, but still got it done between the spells, work a little bit, then stop wait 15-20 mins and then work a little more.

James, dizzy spells, that can't be good! But the AeroCatch hood pin looks great so far. Hope you have a mask and are not breathing in the fiberglass dust?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
GT500 mufflers back on. Plasti-dipped after cleaning them a bit since the black paint I had on there had gotten chipped in a few spots.
Plasti-Dip to the rescue :)

2014-04-23_GT500-exh1_zps61c6cfb9.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Looks good. Was thinkin of plasti dipping mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Colleen (spelling?) on MM I think stuck a penny under the hole and then JB welded over the top and sanded it down before getting it painted. Could be worth trying?

That sounds like a horrible idea IMO. I would never trust that to hold up.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Not Gold carbon fiber, I'm having to change out the gold for another color,since the interior is like in the picture below. I'm thinking of doing it in the same color as the hood pins.click on picture to enlarge..
You could do a carbon fiber look in the gold... that would be sweet! I think that is what you were referring to

I would dip my balls in CF if my wife would let me lol

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cam (Grandma) please do, let someone enjoy that car.
Scott, priorities change...........i get that.
Jeff, you just got your fucking car, someone kick him in the balls!!!!!

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Hood pins are done! word to the wise, if you install these hood pins, make sure to cover your whole engine compartment with plastic before you begin. fiber glass goes everywhere.turned out great, and really like the way the hood pins function.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hood pins are done! word to the wise, if you install these hood pins, make sure to cover your whole engine compartment with plastic before you begin. fiber glass goes everywhere.turned out great, and really like the way the hood pins function.

Good to hear! I got rid of my first set of hood pins because they looked like ugly warts on the hood. These looked really clean and as a bonus they covered the holes from the first set of hood pins.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Thinking of selling mine also for a cheaper classic.

Pulled it out of storage, took it over to a performance shop to finally address my lean codes and belt slip.

The only used part I have is the Saleen blower now with 200 miles on the rebuild......initial thoughts are is that its gone, rebuild was crap. Rotors are likely warped.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I thought about selling mine too lol. Wish I had some cash left over to buy your vert. Love that car.

Thanks man. I love it too and it looks fantastic, I'm just always ready for the next project.

Cam (Grandma) please do, let someone enjoy that car.

Lol, with only 1600 miles on it someone should buy it and enjoy it.

HA! I searched if there was a good deal around for a '13-'14 grabber blue that I could trade my car in. Not that I want to, but if I find it I'd do it.

Keep your current ride - I love how it looks (even when you had the P-dip on it)

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Thanks man. I love it too and it looks fantastic, I'm just always ready for the next project.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis? You already have a project you need to finish and you need to get your table fabbed up... If you need a project let me know, I will swap you cars and you can build mine... :clap:

Saleen304

forum member
Reaction score
Finally finished installing the pioneer avh-4000nex receiver. Got all the steering wheel controls working from my 2012 gt500 steering wheel. I really like being able to launch Siri from my steering wheel and leave the phone in my pocket. An added bonus is that they will be releasing an update this summer that will upgrade it to utilize Apples carplay. Here's a shot of my splash screen when it starts up:)
uha4a7yz.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back