What have you done to your mustang today?

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I got sick of vinyl inserts on my doors sagging and peeling. I fixed them once, and they came loose again. I decided to try these Predator Mustang door inserts. They fit great and I think it breaks up all the black in the interior.

They look great, now I know what to do when my panels start sagging. What color did you get? Matches really well with the rest of the interior.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Installed Eibach pro street s coil overs. finished about an hour ago. Cleaning her up and getting pics tomorrow.

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
I got sick of vinyl inserts on my doors sagging and peeling. I fixed them once, and they came loose again. I decided to try these Predator Mustang door inserts. They fit great and I think it breaks up all the black in the interior.
DSC00211800x495_zps0efdddcc.jpg

DSC00207800x501_zps4e89c43a.jpg

The mother of all door panels.:thud:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Wow!! Thanks for all the great props guys. I was worried when I tore off the old vinyl that these would not look right. I see someone posted the link to Predator Mustang. I got the Flex Aluminum because that is the closest match to the dash panel. Also, I did not pay $399. That is for the whole door kit. I paid I think around $235 for the door panels only. Also, the colors they show on the web site are not all available. They have different finishes, including carbon fiber. You can also get them unfinished. Call them for a catalog. They are plastic, but the finish is great. Looks like brushed aluminum under a clearcoat. I added the Saleen decal. The install was easy. The hardest part was getting off the old foam under the vinyl. They supply a scotch brite pad and glue. I had to get another pad of scotch brite and double sided tape. The fit on the passenger door was perfect; but the driver's door has a slight, small seam at the top. I painted flat black in the seam(before panel was put on) and that blended it pretty well. Any more questions, fire away. Thanks again for the positive replies.

Last edited:

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
Finished up my long tube install today. I went from stock manifolds and lethal off road H, to Kooks 1-7/8s long tubes with catted X. Idk if its the cats or needing a revised tune but the car does not feel as strong down low. Kinda wanna get the off road sections of the mid pipe from kooks if they will sell it to me. That and the fact that now the steering wheel has play in it when it didn't before. I was reading it may be because the bolts on the knuckle were installed backwards so I will look at them tomorrow

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
ive almost pulled the trigger on a set of those door panels but I didn't see them in yellow and didn't wanna have to paint them. they look so good im thinking about it again.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score

DSC00205800x496_zpsa3308439.jpg

DSC00207800x501_zps4e89c43a.jpg

DSC00213800x512_zpsfcd23744.jpg

my jesus that looks so clean. maybe one day I will invest in some of those. I just glued mine back on right before the car went into the shop, so for now I should be fine lol

SkidAce

Reaction score
Wow!! Thanks for all the great props guys. I was worried when I tore off the old vinyl that these would not look right. I see someone posted the link to Predator Mustang. I got the Flex Aluminum because that is the closest match to the dash panel. Also, I did not pay $399. That is for the whole door kit. I paid I think around $235 for the door panels only. Also, the colors they show on the web site are not all available. They have different finishes, including carbon fiber. You can also get them unfinished. Call them for a catalog. They are plastic, but the finish is great. Looks like brushed aluminum under a clearcoat. I added the Saleen decal. The install was easy. The hardest part was getting off the old foam under the vinyl. They supply a scotch brite pad and glue. I had to get another pad of scotch brite and double sided tape. The fit on the passenger door was perfect; but the driver's door has a slight, small seam at the top. I painted flat black in the seam(before panel was put on) and that blended it pretty well. Any more questions, fire away. Thanks again for the positive replies.

So you had to call them in order to get the panels separately? Cause all I need is where the vinyl sags...keeping the rest of the door original.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
9aug2_zps7ebdc2a7.jpg

weighed it at the local recycling yard. As shown with full interior, gutted trunk, 1/8th tank of gas, driver, helmet, small 12v air compressor: 3520 lbs (3291 lbs w/out driver, helmet, 12v air compressor).

SomeMichael

Reaction score
Thanks

Thank you for this. I've been running with out the vinyl for months because I couldn't decide how I wanted to approach it, after battling with re glueing them over and over on my old v6. I searched everyone but never found this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Looks amazing with the saleen trim on your ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
So you had to call them in order to get the panels separately? Cause all I need is where the vinyl sags...keeping the rest of the door original.
Yes, call them if you just want to order the panels, not the whole door kit. Have them send you a catalog so you can see the new colors. I don't know why they haven't updated their website.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for this. I've been running with out the vinyl for months because I couldn't decide how I wanted to approach it, after battling with re glueing them over and over on my old v6. I searched everyone but never found this. Exactly what I was looking for.

Looks amazing with the saleen trim on your ride.

Thank you; and glad I could help. I added the Saleen decal...You could do just about anything there with decals available online or if you know an airbrush artist.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back