What have you done to your mustang today?

vincent518

forum member
Reaction score
I sat under there trying to break the stock nuts loose for 30-45min cussing and muttering offensive words. I got the one thats suppose to be a bitch but I couldnt get a socket and breaker bar on the other 3 nuts.

Sooooo fuck it, I dont need a o/r pipe.
Omg i feel your pain. I suggest picking up a flex head ratchet. My local hardware store had a generic one with a 24" handle for around $30. Thats how i got mine off, one fucking ratchet click at a time.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The nipple on the sway bar tie rod end next to the tire can be cut off. There's an 18mm or 19mm hex on the back side which can be used for removal and installation. You don't need the small hex on the end of the nipple to keep it from spinning while turning the nut.

....plus you're not threading those damn locking nuts down a mile of stud.

claudermilk

Reaction score
I'm really not that worried ... if it hits, I have 1/4" spacers I'll throw on, at least temporarily ...

But I don't think a 275 tire on a 10"-wide rim will bubble out at all ... if anything, it might be slightly stretched
Yep. Ever so slightly stretched. No problem clearing the strut body or endlink bolt without spacers. I only noticed slight rubbing at full lock maneuvering in the paddock--I'm sure some small spacers would address that.

The nipple on the sway bar tie rod end next to the tire can be cut off. There's an 18mm or 19mm hex on the back side which can be used for removal and installation. You don't need the small hex on the end of the nipple to keep it from spinning while turning the nut.
Good to know. I'll end up just getting aftermarket adjustable endlinks when I get sway bars eventually, and those all seem to have shorter bolts.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
New battery installed, took out of the garage for a few minutes.
Installed the GF's stock front wheels/tires on the front, moved the 285's to the rear (taking off the drag radials), and took it for a brief drive up the street :)

2015-02-25_0001_zpstdc5wjj3.jpg

2015-02-25_0002_zpsxr6nn1v5.jpg

2015-02-25_0004_zpsbtjqkxdd.jpg

Oh, and warmed up the rear tires a bit too :D

2015-02-25_0005_zpsuvndz2pi.jpg

2015-02-25_0006_zpsfcjcnfkc.jpg

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
Filled her up.
Soon after a kid in a srt4 wanted to race so I laid down the hurt
Bout to order a cx racing intercooler

Count

forum member
Reaction score
painted rad cover and rad extensions...paint didnt like plastic primer and cracked...cussed it out and started over...yay!!!

Yellowneck86

Reaction score
Wasn't today but I finally ditched the Nitto 555's for a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Positions and bought the lifetime alignment plan from Firestone. everything came to $931.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Wasn't today but I finally ditched the Nitto 555's for a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Positions and bought the lifetime alignment plan from Firestone. everything came to $931.

The Firestone near me would only do stock specs and wouldn't touch a modded car (suspension wise) so I couldn't get their lifetime alignment deal =/

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Put the 20" wheels on. Got a flat. Dammit.

And now the tire shop calls and says they scratched my wheel when putting the tire back on...fuuuuuck this week has sucked

The Firestone near me would only do stock specs and wouldn't touch a modded car (suspension wise) so I couldn't get their lifetime alignment deal =/

I have the lifetime alignment on mine at Firestone...hmmm

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

Find a different store. That is the individual manager's rule, not Firestone's policy. They probably didn't have an employee the manager trusted enough to touch your car.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Just paid for some 6 pot brembos. Got a good deal, told the wife I could always sell them and recover all money invested and then some. I want to keep them. Gotta pull out my inner Jedi.

Yellowneck86

Reaction score

I'm still stock with my suspension. The manager states that if I get the lifetime alignment now and I lower it later, they can't say no and not do the alignment, basically a deal's a deal.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I have completed installation of the Eibach sway bar kit on my Mustang and with that, I believe I've completed all suspension mods that I want to do.

Please stand on head to view pics properly.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 24

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back