What have you done to your mustang today?

JimC

Reaction score
Worked on the front end yesterday. Pulled the fascia off (not a fun job on jack stands, lots of things to undo on the underside and not a lot of room). With the Hellion turbo I had to delete the driver side fog light which left a big hole going right to the turbo - wouldn't be fun in the rain. So ground down the housing some more for space for the turbo, and then used plexiglass to cover the opening, a small mirror to mimic the passenger side fog light. From a distance it looks pretty close and make it symmetrical across the front now.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Gave it a wash after all the rain we've had (more to come Wednesday - but it'll be clean until then!) and tried out the new Adams H2O Guard and Gloss. Works very well and the water beads like crazy!

Just a cell phone pic. Didn't feel like dragging out the DSLR. My GT500 spoiler should be here Wednesday - I'm sure I'll have some pics after I get the car cleaned up next weekend. Also, ignore the jungle across the street. Owners are trying to rent it out but dont take care of the yard. :|

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Met up with some local Mustang guys and cruised to a show yesterday. Finally broke 3000 miles too on a 150mi round trip. Woke up this morning around 7:30 and detailed it along with my GF's Boss.

Here's a video from the show yesterday.

travelers

Reaction score
I have been dealing with this since 2008. Just throw the stock airbox and tune in mine and drive it like 50 miles city/highway from a cold start with a full tank of gas and it passes the first time every time. No matter who writes the tune..they never seen to be "emissions friendly" no matter what they say.

I have a Lund tune on my '11 and it only has three things to test and passed with ARH and no cats. Check him out.

rocco

forum member
Reaction score
Put on my new BMR upper control arm and mount. In a few weeks once the rest of the snow is gone I'll start racking up some miles again, can't wait after this long ass winter.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Was a very nice day so we took it out.

2m2fi2r.jpg

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
NICE. Whats your weight savings with these?

If you put all the stock guts in them (power windows, locks, speakers, harness, etc) it should be around 70lbs saved over the stock shells.

I'm going to try an optic armor lexan window in one and see if it'll roll up correctly in the groove up top and hold at speed. I'll have to weigh the stocker and the optic armor to check the weight savings there.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Had time to give the car a good detail yesterday. First time using Adam's VRT dressing, that stuff is magic. Completely transformed the matte black stripes. Gave them a more rich/deep look while still maintaining the matte finish. PITA to get it off the paint though.

Finally was able to gather some funds to put towards a nice CF5 setup. I just can't seem to make my mind up on matte black or piano black. Hmm...

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Passed smog and put the offroad x back on. This time around i went with a BBK x pipe. Sounds like a mustang again!

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Love what you have done with the car, put together nicely. I would rock it.:beer:

Thanks! Should have a GT500 spoiler installed Wednesday then I think I'm done.

Then again, everyone says that. :nono:

Your GT500 has the best color combo. Vista blue and matte black stripes is sex.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Had time to give the car a good detail yesterday. First time using Adam's VRT dressing, that stuff is magic. Completely transformed the matte black stripes. Gave them a more rich/deep look while still maintaining the matte finish. PITA to get it off the paint though.

Finally was able to gather some funds to put towards a nice CF5 setup. I just can't seem to make my mind up on matte black or piano black. Hmm...

Matte black of course, to match the flat black stripes and all the non-shiny black on the car :)

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score

I personally think matte black, but the other thing to consider is that it's pretty easy to plastidip Piano Black clear or black to get the matte finish if you decide to change it up, but you can't really go the other way.

I still vote matte though.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Gave it a wash after all the rain we've had (more to come Wednesday - but it'll be clean until then!) and tried out the new Adams H2O Guard and Gloss. Works very well and the water beads like crazy!

Just a cell phone pic. Didn't feel like dragging out the DSLR. My GT500 spoiler should be here Wednesday - I'm sure I'll have some pics after I get the car cleaned up next weekend. Also, ignore the jungle across the street. Owners are trying to rent it out but dont take care of the yard. :|

Car looks great with those wheels. Probably the best looking factory Mustang wheels for these cars by far...I always have my eyes out for a well priced set, and this is coming from a guy who usually prefers five spoke wheels.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks great with those wheels. Probably the best looking factory Mustang wheels for these cars by far...I always have my eyes out for a well priced set, and this is coming from a guy who usually prefers five spoke wheels.

There's a set for sale right now in Indiana for $1500 plus shipping with 400 miles on the tires I think I read. It was in the ACMR fb group

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked her up from the body shop after having the GT/CS bumper cover and CJ hood scoop painted and installed. It was raining so that's why she's wet and dirty....

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It looks great ^^^

I think it's raining pretty much everywhere these days ...........

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back