What have you done to your mustang today?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Started the prep work for the TVS. Got the bumper off and started with disconnecting lines from the intake. Next up is disconnecting the fuel line.

The bumper took 2x longer to take off than I expected. The vmp instructions seem to be for a 2011-2012 car because there were some bolts and clips that had to come off which were not mentioned. I ended up getting on youtube and watched a video to confirm what I suspected. The bumper cover was stubborn coming off too. Seemed like it was sucked onto the foam shock absorber and hung up on it. Didn't just pop off there like in the video I was watching.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Will be installing my gajillionth exhaust combo.

Removing after O/R X-pipe:
Pypes M80 Mid Mounted Mufflers
Pypes Bombs Axleback

Installing after O/R X-pipe:
OEM Axle Overpipes
Pypes Violators

Fingers crossed!

So surprisingly Pypes Violators are pretty mellow/quiet with the Off-road X-pipes and no resonators.

BUT! I ordered some Walker OTA pipes and they have these horrible and ugly corrugated bends!!!!!!!!!!! Can't stand them so gonna replace them for REAL OEM ones as soon as I find a pair.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Just cleaned my engine bay for the first time. Was a little worried about doing it. Ended up just bagging off the alternator, gunk'd the entire engine bay down and hosed it off. Then used a leaf blower to push some of the water out of the spark plug wells. Left the hood open for 20 mins then fired it up and let it warm up. Seems ok!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It'll be fine - a wet dry vac with a section of 3/8 or 1/2" tube taped into the end would work nice to clear the plug wells, and you can fire the car immediately after washing to continue drying them up. Those on the coils boots do not stop the water from going past.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Drove it for the first time in almost a week. Mid 60's, windows down, radio off and ran a few errands. I love the sound of the Outlaws with the factory h on there.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
Good thing it's not her car. :snoopy
That's what I tell her all the time!
You shoulda married a Mustang girl. Lol.
She's a mustang girl for sure, she'll come around. She doesn't like half the stuff I do at first but then comes around
I want this.
Only like $225 shipped from AM with out discount!
Glasses may be her next mod.

What are you doing for the holes? Moving your fogs? Brake cooling ducts? As is?
Blank for now, looks awesome just by itself. I may add GT/CS fogs later though, especially if I go for Saleen grille

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Pulled this bitch out of storage

5267c698b305b835a9c8a56e828d8017.jpg

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
in preps for getting a new tune (race) @ JPC this month, I updated the firmware on my SCT X3 device and downloaded the latest livelink datalog s/w. The firmware update is pretty painless now using their new device update s/w

SomeMichael

Reaction score
Installed the new SVE door panel inserts from LMR.

Overall they turned out good. The fit could be better but they look way better than sagging leather.

Also when ahead and install some new Pioneer 6x8s and added some dynamat while I had the door off.

vofSVphm.jpg

cKOUIUKm.jpg

coreystang

forum member
Reaction score
Installed the new SVE door panel inserts from LMR.

Overall they turned out good. The fit could be better but they look way better than sagging leather.

Also when ahead and install some new Pioneer 6x8s and added some dynamat while I had the door off.

vofSVphm.jpg

cKOUIUKm.jpg
Looks good. I need to do the same. How is the glue they provide? Can it be done without taking the panel off?

SomeMichael

Reaction score
Looks good. I need to do the same. How is the glue they provide? Can it be done without taking the panel off?

Thanks, Glue is good. Just dries fast. We'll see how it lasts. I would highly recommend having another set of hands available during the install.

It could probably be done with out taking the panel off but it would be alot more difficult. It requires several hours of prep work and you have to take off the handle pieces anyhow so taking the panel off is just 8 more screws.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back