What have you done to your mustang today?

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Gabe, how were the Invos and why did go to the 555r. Looking at purchasing the Invos 275-35-20 front and 295-35-20 rear

Joe, I have these exact sizes on my car. Ride and noise much better than the original Pirelli P-Zeros with no noticeable handling trade-off.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I remember reading an article on Car & Driver on how badly the Invos were yet everyone who has them here love them?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
Different priorities, and I doubt that many people on this form who aren't regulars in the 'Corner Carving' section drive hard enough, often enough to pick up on things like softness or nonlinearity - particularly up around the limit. There is a difference between having X amount of grip at the limit and how the tires feel to be driven up there.

They're probably fine in the mild to moderate, maybe moderately aggressive cornering that the average car owner limits his driving to. It's the rare street driver who exceeds about 0.5 lateral g by choice. Rarer still would be the ordinary driver who'd notice tire handling characteristics maybe the couple of times a decade when he's forced by an emergency situation to go up to maybe 0.8g.

Norm

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Different priorities, and I doubt that many people on this form who aren't regulars in the 'Corner Carving' section drive hard enough, often enough to pick up on things like softness or nonlinearity - particularly up around the limit. There is a difference between having X amount of grip at the limit and how the tires feel to be driven up there.

They're probably fine in the mild to moderate, maybe moderately aggressive cornering that the average car owner limits his driving to. It's the rare street driver who exceeds about 0.5 lateral g by choice. Rarer still would be the ordinary driver who'd notice tire handling characteristics maybe the couple of times a decade when he's forced by an emergency situation to go up to maybe 0.8g.

Norm
I'm no corner carver but I probably drive a bit more aggressively than most on the street. My 'accelerometer' gauge on my '14 shows between 0.96 and 1.05 on left, right, stop and start G forces. I definitely need better tires.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I'm no corner carver but I probably drive a bit more aggressively than most on the street. My 'accelerometer' gauge on my '14 shows between 0.96 and 1.05 on left, right, stop and start G forces. I definitely need better tires.

What size tires do you have on there right now ? I use 285-40-18 on 10" rims on the rear. And 275-40-18 on 9" rims on the front. Last week, I put the 275-40-18's on new 10" rims, this works a helluva lot better on the front. Once these Nitto-555's are trashed, I will replace all 4 of em with 285-40-18 NT-555-G2s. Then I can rotate front to back. What these cars really need is a 295 front / 305 rear
( 11" rear rim). Aprx -1 deg camber on the front.

Last edited:

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
I got two boxes from FedEx yesterday, my cams and some FRPP blue valve covers. Speaking of the covers, I stumbled across them on fleabay, the company is offering them for $229 shipped. I thought "oh well, it's too good to be true, but if I pay with Paypal I can always submit a claim and get my money back." These things came factory boxed, brand new from Ford, it's the first time in my life something too good to be true, wasn't. Turned out to be the best deal in town by a mile.

That's a great deal. I have the same valve covers. Someone mis-labeled them on Ebay and I stumbled across them. I got them for $50 on a really lucky score.

SGTguy

forum member
Reaction score
Joe, I have these exact sizes on my car. Ride and noise much better than the original Pirelli P-Zeros with no noticeable handling trade-off.

Thanks Tom, started reading about the 555g2 so now I can't make up my mind on what tires to get, maybe I will flip a coin, lol

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had the Ford Dealer remove and replace "keyed" lug nuts with normal lugs. (they give me anx...)
Also had them balance and rotate the tires while at it. $65 total. That was a good deal!
Then, with nothing better to do today, I went ahead and changed the trans oil (pennzoil synchromesh), differential oil, painted the diff cover, and re-torqued my lower control arm brackets. Oh and I fixed an exhaust leak.

I am completely worn out but satisfied. That was the long list of to do items for the Bullitt.

R.M.

AgentMOO

Reaction score
Got my square setup installed, 18x10 Forgestar with 285/35 Pilot Super Sports. Center caps for the front wouldn't fit the spindle so I have some raised caps on the way.

f14-1.jpg

f14-2.jpg

f14-3.jpg

f14-4.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Nothing done to either Mustang in the last few days, but yesterday the Tundra got some love as I changed the oil & filter, rotated the tires and lubed up the grease fittings in the driveshafts and front stabilizer links.
Today it was the Subaru's turn ... oil & filter change, tire rotation, lube all 4 stabilizer links.
Both vehicles got Amsoil 5w30 full synthetic oil, Wix oil filters, and synthetic grease.

Love having my own driveway to do this kind of work in! :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back