What have you done to your mustang today?

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Kato....hope they get it fixed up proper for ya.

My alternator died Saturday. Just finished putting in a new one and all is right in the jungle.

I even got to hang out with my dad a bit which is always fun, although as soon as I started turning wrenches he left. I am not kidding when I say he has a phobia of working on mechanical stuff. Weirdo... I look like him, but I do not know where I got my love of working on cars, engines, electronics, ect.

R.M.

Thanks man. I hope so too. Worst case scenario, I end up getting a new hood. Haha. Glad you got to spend some time with your Pops. That's too funny.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I noticed as I was doing my door panels that the doors had sound deadner material already applied. I mean not a lot maybe like 2-3 pieces on the outer door skin.

I'm not the original owner so wondering if the shaker optioned cars came with this installed from Ford?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
2010 401a interior retrofit:

Steering
Seats
Door panels

dabb4a22939c022519028e5ab837dc8f.jpg

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
So excuse the newbity here but Ford doesn't make an aluminator for the 2011-2014 cars? You have to spend an additional $1600 for an engine control pack and an alternator on top of the 2015+ aluminator?

WTF? Is there some upside to this because it seems pretty retarded to me. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
So excuse the newbity here but Ford doesn't make an aluminator for the 2011-2014 cars? You have to spend an additional $1600 for an engine control pack and an alternator on top of the 2015+ aluminator?

WTF? Is there some upside to this because it seems pretty retarded to me. Unless I'm misunderstanding.

I think the engine control pack is if you are retro-fitting into a vehicle that doesn't already have a 5.0 like an old hot rod or earlier year s197, etc.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

The 11-14 PCM apparently won't run the VCT of the '15+ engine, so you'd have to swap parts from the 11-14 engine to the new one.

Not sure if they offer a '15+ Aluminator meant for the 11-14 cars?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. I can't find one anyway. You want one you have to buy the 15+ aluminator and control pack plus alternator for an 11-14. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. I can't find one anyway. You want one you have to buy the 15+ aluminator and control pack plus alternator for an 11-14. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Nope, but you can buy the aluminator and swap out the phasers. The 15+ phasers don't work with the copperhead. I forgot you would need to swap the crank sprocket, chains and maybe tensioners as well. You could just but the Ford Racing timing kit and do that all in one shot.

Last edited:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
What was wrong with the rack?

There was vibration at speed and felt like the car was wandering a bit. Ended up finding excessive play within the steering rack (at a stop, moving the steering wheel back and forth quickly produced loud clunking sounds).

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Got my car back. Turned out the last ring in the gear set was slightly out of spec, causing the noise. Second set of 3.73s is dead quiet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back