What have you done to your mustang today?

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Got some noise coming from my passenger hub. So I ordered Timkens for both sides, grabbed the spline nuts, and picked up a 36mm socket. Shouldn't take more than an hour.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Got the revised tune from VMP today. Taking off the Roush closed airbox tomorrow and adding the JLT123 CAI and a VMP BAP for added safety on the high end. Also closed the deal on a brand new pair of MT ET Street R series in 305/45/17 for the back at a discounted price from an individual who bought them and went another direction. Still have the paper bands on the tires.

Should stick better and breath better. May be able to put the LCA's on the uper notch of the relo brackets.

Last edited:

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Bought a new not tiny floor Jack and another set of Jack stands. Have an ambitious weekend ahead of me while the wife is at a conference.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Got home to a timing kit, FRPP header gaskets, and O2 extensions waiting. Time for Hot Rods and Kooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
New tires and TPMS sensors show up monday. Going to take it to my dude next Saturday. Cash deals before normal business hours at hood ass shops with super nice equipment are the best.

Saleen520

Reaction score
Got BMR subframe connectors in today.
1ff9032b22b8dd3129582dc5355a9511.jpg

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
@ o2sys,

that's a route I hadn't considered. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
I finely installed the Steeda Upper Control and adjustable bracket. I do like the added control in the rear now. I already had the J&L lower control arms since the first week I owned it.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a set of Sportlines on the S550 yesterday evening. First time I've done springs myself. With the exception of the 2 bolts (on each side) that hold the spindle to the strut, it was a relatively easy process.

Might not seem like much to some, but this was the first major wrenching session I've done myself. Only had jackstands and hand tools, but the immense feeling of self-satisfaction is worth it.

I did have to go track down a buddy with an impact and deep socket for the bolt on the tops of the struts. But hey, I'm sore and I'm proud. lol.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Meant to post this the other day but got the BC coilovers installed. I'm uber impressed with the ride quality. Was afraid it was going to be too harsh around town but it's just right. Hopefully I'll be able to take it out to the next open track soon and really start dialing everything in. Excuse how dirty everything is.

28102392032_a08491c133_c.jpg

28206210465_1bac9f82d0_c.jpg

28128560031_be0848d006_c.jpg

..and the pups were there to oversee the work. lol

28172772726_4ef3c5a375_c.jpg

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
Installed a set of Sportlines on the S550 yesterday evening. First time I've done springs myself. With the exception of the 2 bolts (on each side) that hold the spindle to the strut, it was a relatively easy process.

Might not seem like much to some, but this was the first major wrenching session I've done myself. Only had jackstands and hand tools, but the immense feeling of self-satisfaction is worth it.

I did have to go track down a buddy with an impact and deep socket for the bolt on the tops of the struts. But hey, I'm sore and I'm proud. lol.
How'd you like the rears? We dropped the entire subframe like 6 inches and did both sides at once, because the directions to each side by just loosening was not working out.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score

Good job. Pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
How'd you like the rears? We dropped the entire subframe like 6 inches and did both sides at once, because the directions to each side by just loosening was not working out.

The rear wasn't too bad. We started there first, one side at a time. Took about 45 min. for the first side mostly because we tried to get the spring out while minimizing the amount of things to undo/loosen. Buddy of mine had to pull down on the subframe so I could get the spring out. Other side took maybe 20 min. since we just went ahead and loosened everything per CJPP video.

Good job. Pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

They'll be up soon. It's filthy right now. The minute I pulled away from my buddy's house, I heard a clanking on the rear right side. One of the bolts at the top of the shock was halfway out. Having my service dept. torque those with an impact just to be safe.

Cleaning it tonight, and I'll have pictures posted tomorrow.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Congrats on your new 2016 GT PP Kato :waytogo:

-Rocky

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back