What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Fixed a horribly annoying rear-suspension rattle that I've been dealing with since removing the rear LCA relo brackets.
Yesterday I got under the car with a rubber mallet and started banging on things, got a nice metal-on-metal contact noise when I hit the center of the swaybar, as it was contacting the Watts Link.
Swapped the swaybar around, gained much more clearance, noise gone!
Had to do that on the wife's Shelby when I installed the Watts Link on that car, cuz it wouldn't even fit back on unless I flipped it.

travelers

Reaction score
Got the remote clutch reservoir mounted, now to swap the line over and install the auto master cylinder reservoir.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got the remote clutch reservoir mounted, now to swap the line over and install the auto master cylinder reservoir.

You probably already know this, but don't spill any brake fluid onto paint, it WILL destroy/strip it

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I've seen Gabe's...
Wanted to see if Travelers had done something a little different.

Why change a perfect design? LOL ... j/k ... I want to see Travelers' set-up too

travelers

Reaction score
Ok I'll have to take some pics today. And yes I know of the paint removal of DOT 3. Its good info if someone didn't realize that. Thanks

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Going for a drive shortly to see if I can figure out the VCM scanner software. Channels are a little confusing vs. SCT since some of the PID names changed with HPT.

travelers

Reaction score
Ok here are a few pics of the clutch reservoir. I used 1/8X 1''X 2"X 3 1/2 alum. I went with the a 2"down leg so I could keep the reservoir low but above the master cyl. for the clutch. I also just replaced the brake master cyl. with one for a automatic. I also used nylon washer between the alum and the fender to keep the corrosion down. After everything was finished, I very carefully hosed that area just in case the rags didn't catch all the loose brake fluid. I do still need to change the fluid and bleed the entire system. I thinks I maxed out my attachments...? Oh yea, the brake master cyl. is held in by a special bolt that is an internal torx socket. If you don't have one, like me I just used a 6 point 5mm socket. Worked just fine.

Attachments

• AJM_0705.jpg
    AJM_0705.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 20
  • AJM_0706.jpg
    AJM_0706.jpg
    501.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
changed the blower oil, tightened the blower belt(hadn't been tightened since new in feb) did some unhood detailing and some fine bug residue removal off of the headlights and in all the front end crevices.

travelers

Reaction score
Changed rear rotors, greased the LCAs and installed the DRs and the Schroth seat belts for next week at AM show.I'll try and get the front rotors installed tomorrow and clean up under the hood.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Took another 2nd gear WOT log today to test the exxon 91 I've been getting. No knock recorded. Then figured out how to get the HPT MPVI to let me take logs without needing the laptop. Gonna keep it in the car from now on. Hopefully I don't regret doing that. Never had a car broken into yet knock on wood.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Took another 2nd gear WOT log today to test the exxon 91 I've been getting. No knock recorded. Then figured out how to get the HPT MPVI to let me take logs without needing the laptop. Gonna keep it in the car from now on. Hopefully I don't regret doing that. Never had a car broken into yet knock on wood.

Are you still fighting the emission-readiness battle?

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
Finished blow through supercharger install last Friday, now to get the tune dialed in!
QIYarBL.jpg

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Installed a set of boundary oil pump gears and TSS crankshaft sprocket last week. Upgraded to an 8-rib belt drive setup for the vortech while I was in there, Tial BOV, and put in a fresh set of plugs. Certainly wasn't the easiest install I've ever done but I'll rest a little easier not having to worry about the stock OPG's or belt slip any more.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Are you still fighting the emission-readiness battle?
Now that the car is converted to HPT and I've figured out how to datalog with it I'm ready to work on the "cheater" tune for getting it passed OBD2 testing. Probably weekend after next will get that done. Long term I'll get pro help and see if it can be passed without cheating.

Also need to get a front license plate bracket and take the breathers off for a catch can setup instead. More stuff that has to be done before I can get this car licensed outside of MT.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back