What is the best way to dry?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
im gonna get crucified for this one, but I use a california water blade. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm pretty careful with it, clean it every pass, and have never once had it damage the paint. I use it on my mustang which is pretty much swirl-less and it has done 0 damage.

I follow that up with a leaf blower for the cracks/crevices, a microfiber and a detail spray. works awesome.

The water blade is fast too and I need fast since I detail for a living right now. South Florida sun is evil.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
im gonna get crucified for this one, but I use a california water blade. Before anyone jumps on me, I'm pretty careful with it, clean it every pass, and have never once had it damage the paint. I use it on my mustang which is pretty much swirl-less and it has done 0 damage.

I follow that up with a leaf blower for the cracks/crevices, a microfiber and a detail spray. works awesome.

The water blade is fast too and I need fast since I detail for a living right now. South Florida sun is evil.

I had a double bladed style water blade at one point but it disappeared on me. It was arched in the middle,flexible and had a long handle. I never had a problem with mine either but since losing it I no longer use one. I'm a big fan of sheet rinsing and think it works just as good as a water blade. Ever use the sheet rinse method before drying?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I had a double bladed style water blade at one point but it disappeared on me. It was arched in the middle,flexible and had a long handle. I never had a problem with mine either but since losing it I no longer use one. I'm a big fan of sheet rinsing and think it works just as good as a water blade. Ever use the sheet rinse method before drying?

Of course but when detailing, I'm using a pressure washer (I'm mobile) so the sheeting isn't as easy. It does help though. What really helps is the microfiber and detail spray walk around to get all the spots that dried up a bit lol

merk

forum member
Reaction score
^ and a quality drying towel is my process. Works very well on my black JK.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Of course but when detailing, I'm using a pressure washer (I'm mobile) so the sheeting isn't as easy. It does help though. What really helps is the microfiber and detail spray walk around to get all the spots that dried up a bit lol

That's a must with a black car too. I've sprayed the car down with instant detailer before drying it too.

mrperple

forum member
Reaction score
The drying towel they sell @ Target is very nice. Pool rinse, Spray the car down w/ UWW+ as a lubricant and towel dry works great for me. The only space I have problems w/ is where the grill meets the bumber. Amazing how much water gets trapped there.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
The drying towel they sell @ Target is very nice. Pool rinse, Spray the car down w/ UWW+ as a lubricant and towel dry works great for me. The only space I have problems w/ is where the grill meets the bumber. Amazing how much water gets trapped there.

There and under the decklid where it meets the bumper. Oh and under side view mirrors. I only really use a leaf blower on those spots, cracks and crevices and handles etc so water doesn't drip down while I'm wax or buffing. That is a pita.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
So thats why your car looks like shit? haha:crazy: :kidding:

Pretty much :clap:

I'm just kidding. My car does have so many swirl marks that I don't really care anymore what I dry it with. I usually just take a big microfiber and go at it as fast as I can because by the time I'm drying the car, I'm already regretting the whole wash process anyway. I will probably end up wrapping the car in some vinyl when the paint gets real bad down the line.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
This is mine. Actually bought it several years ago because I was not only washing mine and my x wifes Harleys, I was detailing bikes for friends. Leaf blower just wouldn't cut it. Left too much water in the crevices that would streak across the chrome once you got the bike on the road. This thing is powerful and produces a little heat when running from the motor to warm the air which really speeds up the drying process. I also use this on the Mustang and my dog. Yes...my dog lol. My lab has thick fur and I can dry her after a bath pretty quick. Plus it blasts away a lot of her loose hair. I believe this company also makes professional dog dryers like you seem them use in Pet Smart. One of the very few practical purchases I've made.

newblaster.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So when you use a towel you should use diluted quick detailing spray or diluted water-free car wash? How? Do you lightly spray it on the wet surface and then dry it?

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Hells did your mop run off with a bowling ball like in the commercials after switching to the swiffer

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back