What jack do you use for your lowered mustang?

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Just dropped the $172. I just want to get a good tall jack so I can install my parts lol. Plus you can't really beat the 24" height for the price. Will buy some 24" jack stands and a creeper prior to the turbo install.

My jack stands I have now will suffice for the exhaust install and suspension. I'm just not doing headers again (have to change headers for turbo install) with my current jacks lol. They only raise to 14 or 16", something like that. Made working very hard doing headers.

Last edited:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Are you lowered at all? I'm doing a 1.5" drop and I'm curious if that jack will get under the front of the car to lift up both sides at once. Glad to hear positive feedback for it. Looking at others, you can't get a 24" lift for that price anywhere else.

I've been trying to find coupon codes but none will work for that jack on harbor freight. It's $172.05 after $10 tax and around $20+ shipping. I'll probably just have to buy it today, I need to get a jack on the way. I have so many suspension parts and now a catback exhaust sitting here that I can't even put on because my jack broke lol

Yes I am lowered. Steeda Sports.

I can get to nearly every jacking point possible on our 14' stang with this jack.

The problem I found with all the other jacks that are not of this throat capacity, is I would hit the side skirts or I could not jack up the jack because once I got the jack into position, the handle was worthless.

As far as using boards as a ramp to help...

Nothing wrong with that. The challenges I faced are...

They move, slid ETC. I would need to bolt them (Like others have) to the ground by either drilling holes in my garage floors or by some other means. The problem I have with that is simply not a choice I want to make. I do not want holes that will collect dirt. I position the car at different angles in our garage depending on the type of work I have planned on the car.

So... To make my life easier, I broke down and paid for this HF jack.

I do not expect it to live very long, but is is worth the test to me if I get a few years out of it. Because then I will buy one of the "Pro" jacks of this throat and height capacity. Knowing that the features I need are out there.

stanger1944

forum member
Reaction score

And I'm lowered on Sportlines! Got mine at HarborFreight for $79!
Do you generally jack it up from right there at the side splitter plastic? I do not have the splitters (yet) but I have a prothane jack pad and I think the pad is priceless for not having to worry about damaging anything with the jack. I know until I installed convertible rails on the jacking rail of my fox body, the floor jack would tear up that portion.

stanger1944

forum member
Reaction score
I was just about to buy this one and thought I'd ask (since it's $172.05 after shipping... pretty high) what you guys are using?
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

The thing I like about this one is it's low profile with a 2 5/8" minimum height so I wouldn't think I'd have a problem getting it under the K after my 1.5" drop on BMR springs.

Also I like that it lifts it up about 24 inches (23 3/4).

Wondering if there's any better (or cheaper) deals out there for a low profile with a 24" lift? I really expected to spend around $100, but I want room to work this time around and IMO a 2' lift shouldn't be too much to aim for.
This is the jack that I am looking to get, I am also lowered 1.5" and hope that this has a long enough reach to get all the way up under the rear diff and the k member.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just use the scissor jack that comes with the car to lift it high enough to get my Craftsman floor jack under. I took the rod off that you use to turn the threaded bolt and use a 3/4" socket on my impact to raise/lower the scissor jack. Takes all of 5 seconds to get it high enough to slide the Craftsman under. Poor boy method, but it saved me from buying a new floor jack that I really don't need for anything else.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I was just about to buy this one and thought I'd ask (since it's $172.05 after shipping... pretty high) what you guys are using?
http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68050.html

The thing I like about this one is it's low profile with a 2 5/8" minimum height so I wouldn't think I'd have a problem getting it under the K after my 1.5" drop on BMR springs.

Also I like that it lifts it up about 24 inches (23 3/4).

Wondering if there's any better (or cheaper) deals out there for a low profile with a 24" lift? I really expected to spend around $100, but I want room to work this time around and IMO a 2' lift shouldn't be too much to aim for.

Good luck with that jack. Chinese quality control is hit and miss. I have had several HF jacks and all of them never made it past two years, some of them only one or two uses. I finally stopped being stupid and bought a decent jack. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200514333_200514333
Don't cheap out on quality tools especially ones that keep you safe.

Last edited:

The01Cav

forum member
Reaction score
The blue 2 ton low profile harbor freight jack. I just drive it up onto 2x4 blocks.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Good luck with that jack. Chinese quality control is hit and miss. I have had several HF jacks and all of them never made it past two years, some of them only one or two uses. I finally stopped being stupid and bought a decent jack. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200514333_200514333
Don't cheap out on quality tools especially ones that keep you safe.

Northern Tool sells the same Chinese crap that HF sells, just different Chinese factories for the most part. Northern has long been known for selling cheap knockoff imitation crap designed to mimic high quality tools. I think you may have been misled.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
^^^^THIS lol!!!!!

Do you generally jack it up from right there at the side splitter plastic? I do not have the splitters (yet) but I have a prothane jack pad and I think the pad is priceless for not having to worry about damaging anything with the jack. I know until I installed convertible rails on the jacking rail of my fox body, the floor jack would tear up that portion.

I just bought the jack to use for that particular location of jacking on my car after destroying 4 scissor jacks so I bought the Roush Mustang Jackpad to use in that jacking point location.

Here is a pic of the Roush Mustang Jackpad purchased through this guy, which by the way, was an EXCELLENT transaction. The guy emailed within seconds with answers to my questions!!!!!!!!! http://www.zl1addons.com/index.php/products/jackpads/z-28-zl1-5th-gen-camaro

all-pads_2015.jpg

Last edited:

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score

Yes those pads are priceless, well $6 anyways.

Make sure the jack is on the frame seam and you wont have a problem,, I use the cheap 1.5 ton HF jack under the driver side to get my car high enough to slide my 3.5 ton NAPA under the k-member.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a Chinese rip off of my Omega jack. I wouldn't trust it myself but then I am old and you know us old fucks never trust anything. :beerdrink:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey King, northern has it on sale and you can use this promo....197924 good for 20 off 100.

KingofQueens

forum member
Reaction score
Hey King, northern has it on sale and you can use this promo....197924 good for 20 off 100.

Thanks, but with my amazon prime account it undercuts that by $3 lol and free two day shipping. (ama-259 to Northern 262) That $60 buks delivery fee hurts lol, appreciate the code btw.:beerdrink:

08mojo

Reaction score
I'm on my second harbor freight steel jack. The first one was only replaced because someone stole it. I've had this one for 5+ years and have not had a peoblem. Maybe the quality has got worse since 5 years ago?

In order to reach the k - member (I don't like jacking up one side at a time to set jack stands) I jack the car up at the recommended locations (pinch weld seam) and slide a 4x6 under each wheel. It is really easy and only takes a couple of extra minutes.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
The blue 2 ton low profile harbor freight jack. I just drive it up onto 2x4 blocks.

Same here. My el cheapo HF aluminum racing jack has served me very well over the last several years of ownership. I think I got it on sale and used one of their 20% off coupons and ended up paying around $50-60 for it. Possibly the best money I have ever spent on a tool.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back