What suspension parts should i tranfer from my modded GT to 06 Saleen S281SC

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
since 2003, saleen couldnt pay the recaro bill and started using classic soft trim design foams, headrest, and liners on factory seat frames. There was no recaro after that point. I originally thought the 05's had bilsteins as well, but was corrected that saleen had started using tokicos for their shocks/struts

That makes sense, the 05+ seat frames ARE the same on the Saleen, you can tell by the lower trim and bottons, only the skin and seat foam is different but what a big difference it is!

Tokicos huh. i would rather have the D-Specs on the Saleen but that would require alignment on both cars, new strut mounts, camber plates and labor!

So it loos like im transfering:

-Front Sway Bars
-Rear Sway Bar
-Billet mounts/Bushings for sway bars
-Fixed LCA's
-Adju UCA
-UCA mount
-Panhard brace

Will prolly happen this weekend.

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
unless the change springs...the tokicos probably match up rather well...its a very good driving car from the factory....the cars only real downfall is those heavy wheels (70lbs per wheel/tire combo), however it looks super good. What you have planned to switch over should be sufficient...and I suggest joing the saleenclubofamerica.com forums...awesome group of people with tons of knowledge...the other club...not so impressive

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I suggest joing the saleenclubofamerica.com forums...awesome group of people with tons of knowledge...the other club...not so impressive

Thanks, Already joined, weeks before i bought the car to help do some research.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Magnaflow X is coming over, i think im going to leave the MGW in there as a bonus for the next buyer, its also a pain in the ass to have to remove the MGW, remove the Saleen and reinstall both. Ill prolly give the Tri-Axe or PRO 5.0 a shot on the Saleen.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score
unless the change springs...the tokicos probably match up rather well...its a very good driving car from the factory....the cars only real downfall is those heavy wheels (70lbs per wheel/tire combo), however it looks super good. What you have planned to switch over should be sufficient...and I suggest joing the saleenclubofamerica.com forums...awesome group of people with tons of knowledge...the other club...not so impressive

Hell I didn't know about that one. Will check out...:beer:

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
OK, so i spent most of the day at the shop on Saturday, i figured it would take us about 4 hours to do the swap from one car to the other, it took closer to 7! Everything piece was fighting us but in the end we got it done.

Steeda Upper Control arm and heavy Duty mount were a bitch to get in just as it was on the GT, had to lower the Gas tank to get it out and get it in on the Saleen. Had to crimp the gas tank that was around the UCA so it wouldnt make contact with the Bushing just as i did on the GT.

Lower Control Arms came out nice and easy but getting them in Saleen was a real bitch, the mount for the LCA has a clip bracket, aligning the blot. LCA and clip was absolute misery on both sides.

Sway bars were nice and easy, panhard and brace was easy.

Also moved over the Magnaflow catted X, one flange bolt was seized so we had to heat it up with a torch, finally got it off but the threading was stripped, so we had to rethread it. Unplugging the upstream 02 sensor was also a pain, couldnt do it from below so we had to come in from above, the SC on the Saleen made it impossible to get the the sensor so we had to remove the battery, it was easy on the GT though.

All in all it was well worth the trouble, the Sway bars made a HUGE difference in handling, corners like a champ! The LCAs/UCA made the ride more stiff and bouncy with some increased NVH but now the car can put the power to the ground and doesnt get so upset by eneven surfaces during acceleration.

Thanks for your suggestions guy!

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
Kind of off topic but can you post a video of the exhaust. Ive been trying to hear what a stock saleen sounds like with a catted magnaflow x pipe. Haha I cant find that setup anywhere!!!

BTW Congrats on the suspension install!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back