What (Suspension-Wise) Moves When I Physically Pull Up on The Front Fender?

2006gtmike

forum member
Reaction score
I can replicate a creaking sound when I lift up on the front fender so I wanted to know what are ALL OF the possibilities of this sound originating from?

What moves/twists/compresses when you lift up on the fender?

Swaybar Mounts?

Lower Control Arms?

Motor Mounts?

Steering Rack?

All of the bushings in the control arms and swaybar mounts up front are Polyurethane EXCEPT for the stock motor mounts.

BlueSoulStang

forum member
Reaction score
How long has it been since you've greased up your bushings? You might want to check that. When you pull on the front fender, you are relieving weight on the front struts. I would ask a buddy to lift the car by the fender while you inspect underneath and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. From there, you can call out all the components that are located in that area and check for worn, loose nuts, or dry/cracked bushings. Hope this helps.

2006gtmike

forum member
Reaction score
How long has it been since you've greased up your bushings? You might want to check that. When you pull on the front fender, you are relieving weight on the front struts. I would ask a buddy to lift the car by the fender while you inspect underneath and try to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. From there, you can call out all the components that are located in that area and check for worn, loose nuts, or dry/cracked bushings. Hope this helps.

It's been about 1 or 2 months since the swaybar bushings were greased.

I had a mechanic grease both swaybar mount bushings when he installed new Prothane large and small polyurethane bushings in the lower control arms.

I got new front endlinks installed and that seemed to get rid of the creaking sound I would get when turning the steering wheel and making turns.

I'm trying to figure out if this is all related to my steering wheel always being slightly off-center and the uncomposed ride quality despite numerous wheel alignments.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Well, the question is whether he used real bushing grease from Prothane or Energy Suspension, or crappy marine/axle grease out of a grease gun. Because the former will dry out and turn hard really quick.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back