What to buy 2014 Shelby GT500 or 2014 Corvette?

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
Well I like to drive my cars and almost break even. On my 2013 Roush I drove it for a year and only lost $1,000 total. If your smart you can do that.

I bought Roush as a stripped down version. Then I did rest of stuff myself. Drove it, had fun and enjoyed it. I actually did have Brembo's on the car. I bought a used take off set :) They just weren't in pics at that time.

Last edited:

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Well I like to drive my cars and almost break even. On my 2013 Roush I drove it for a year and only lost $1,000 total. If your smart you can do that.

I bought Roush as a stripped down version just so I could get the serialization. Then I did rest of stuff myself. Drove it, had fun and enjoyed it. I actually did have Brembo's on the car. I bought a used take off set :) They just weren't in pics at that time.

Sometimes, yes. Depends on where you live. In NY you have to pay sales tax all in one shot when you buy a car (it's not a small rate charged every year). That means for your $50K car you have to pay the gubment $4,000 cash right then and there. So.... over 20 years if you buy and sell over and over and over again... with multiple toys... you are basically throwing thousands away. Now if you trade something in to a dealer, you only pay tax on the difference between the value of the cars, but if you can trade something in to a dealer 1 year later with miles on it for the same price you bought it, you are my new car buying guide.

Not saying you can't do it... you just can't do it in NY.

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah we have sales tax here (6%). What I do is put my car up for sale. Then bring the private buyer to a dealership and have them broker the deal and pay them to do tags/title. Then I buy the car I want at that dealership...

For example I sold my car privately, guy came from out of state. He paid me $1,000 less then what I paid brand new. We went to Jeep dealer they brokered the deal and I bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit. And I didn't have sales tax due.

I always buy my cars outright and don't finance them. So I don't get charged on financing fee's etc.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
You must be the only guy on the planet who owns cars that don't depreciate. I also suppose the dealership just absorbs the cost of title, license, doc, transport, etc. Probably cuz you're such a swell guy I bet.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Must be a lot of liars in this thread because some famous first words are.....
"Not gonna lie"

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
You just gotta be smart and know the market. I sold my car for 1,000 less then I paid to another forum member on here. He loves the car.

On a side note. I put deposit down for 2015 LT2 Z51 Corvettee. 8 Speed Automatic, Magnetic Suspension, Navigation. Torch Red, Adrenaline Red Seats.

I didn't get the exhaust because I plan on going with Corsa or Borla. I'm buying a set of Forgestar wheels for when the car gets delivered. I should take delivery by end of year hopefully. Ordering/Deposit at Les Standford Chevrolet, they accepted the GM Supplier discount I have. $6500 off MSRP.

Pretty stoked!!!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did not think the 8 spd's were going to make it until 2016 for the normal vette's....

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
2015 production has the new 8 speed auto. Also you can get some data logger that logs all your driving time's, how much you raced the car etc. I didn't think that was good idea. I don't need potential buyer knocking price down due to fact if I take to track etc.

I've always had manual cars. Because of how tight the car is and how good this new 8 speed auto is suppose to be I went with auto. I hope I don't regret it...

I also got the Carbon Fiber exposed roof and carbon spoiler/mirrors. With the carbon hood decal.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need to check on the 8 spd auto as there was a lot of discussion on it and I thought the decision was made to not put it in the non Z06's until after they saw how it did in the z06's.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I will never believe in one million years u drove a car roush or whatever for a year and only lost 1k uunless u got it for 10K under. My uncle has a roush....and well i see how much he has lost.

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
That's alittle creepy that you stalked me from a post when I was 18 years old...actually really creepy....

But yeah, clone cars are a lot better they don't loose value really. I had (3) over years Saleen, Cervini and Roush. Barely lost any money at all and had a lot fun with them.

Last edited:

R1V3R5

5-Oh!
Reaction score
That's alittle creepy that you stalked me from a post when I was 18 years old...actually really creepy....

But yeah, clone cars are a lot better they don't loose value really. I had (3) over years Saleen, Cervini and Roush. Barely lost any money at all and had a lot fun with them.

He probably just googled your screen name, curious to see your Saleen. Not much effort involved in that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

18 is still legal :boobies:

Also.. dent repair pays 125k a year? what the fuck have I been doing with my life.
I could be fixing dents for 125k instead of complicated shit like servers! why didn't anybody tell me!

Last edited:

shawnxrox

forum member
Reaction score
18 is still legal :boobies:

Also.. dent repair pays 125k a year? what the fuck have I been doing with my life.
I could be fixing dents for 125k instead of complicated shit like servers! why didn't anybody tell me!

Never too late to change careers man. The only part that sucked was winter and rainy days. But once your good, you can get about $75-$125 a dent. IF you have good accounts at dealerships and they give you 4-6 cars per account a week I always made about $400 to $700 a day. I would never go home unless I made $400 for the day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back