What wideband you guys running?

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
I'm planning on swapping out my auto meter procharger guages with new cobalt ones boost and fuel pressure, And I need to pick up a wideband while I'm at it which is the best one out there?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
PLX DM-6

081A7EB3-8749-4F8D-B751-15B74A8EB6C4-10990-0000065367E7FC27_zps8f2ab5d8.jpg

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
AEM's failsafe wideband and boost gauge.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Innovate LC-1. Wideband, controller, digital gauge and sensor new for around $160. The gauge comes in blue or red display. It works well and live link has the conversion formula as a drop down for datalogging.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running an Innovate MTX-L.
I bought a powerdex AFX used but I had problems with it due to a burnt wire that I received the unit with.
Whatever you get, get a brand new one, the electronics can be damaged by a bad install pretty easily.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so looked up the ones u guys mentioned and couple others I also want one that's gonna match the other guages ( cobalt series) so I'm stuck between the
- innovate lc-1
-AEM fail safe wideband
-AEM wideband
-auto meter 6178 cobalt wideband.

Also I want to run a oil pressure and water temp gauge I saw the aeroforce interceptor guage that reads those and more. Is anybody running it? Is it any good? I like it cuz I really don't want to have all the different gauge all over when one can do all.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Look up the PLX gauge too. 4 custom displays in one gauge with lots of adjustability options and add on sensors.

Sonicblue_s197

forum member
Reaction score
Earl- can the nexus change color? I saw that one too but only in red. Can it change to blue?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
The plx is a really nice piece. It just plugs in to the obd2 port right?

It's more than that. It has a controller that mounts out of site and needs to be wired in. Colors are changeable including background and display. Mine is set up to display 4 custom obd functions or I can change it to any of the obd functions in a pre programed order that displays 5 functions at a time with a remote. It can also be configured as a bar, traditional, graph, etc type of single gauge display.

You can also purchase add on sensors and control boxes that plug into the main unit.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Ok so looked up the ones u guys mentioned and couple others I also want one that's gonna match the other guages ( cobalt series) so I'm stuck between the
- innovate lc-1
-AEM fail safe wideband
-AEM wideband
-auto meter 6178 cobalt wideband.

Also I want to run a oil pressure and water temp gauge I saw the aeroforce interceptor guage that reads those and more. Is anybody running it? Is it any good? I like it cuz I really don't want to have all the different gauge all over when one can do all.

Innovate Lc-1 in blue matches the Cobalt gauges fairly well. I love the accuracy of the Lc-1, however installation is a pain in the ass compared to other widebands.
Ignore the fuel pressure gauge:

Last edited:

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
I ran an LC-1 for 2+ years till it died this past summer. For some strange reason the connector between the O2 sensor and the LC-1 got full of water and I'm figuring that fried it.

I installed an AEM and it was much easier to install however it seems to read 3 points richer than the LC-1. The LC-1 displayed 11,5-11,7 WOT. The AEM is 11,2-11,4.

I don't care for the moving LED's AEM uses. I just wanna see big fat numbers on the gauge.

You'll need to install an oil pressure sensor and wire it up to the the Interceptor for it to read oil pressure

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the looks of the PLX gauge. Can you get it with a chrome/aluminum looking bezzle?

Skip a fuel pressure gauge! We have a fuel rail pressure sensor stock on the driver's side fuel rail. Can be read with an Aeroforce, ScanGauge, DashHawk, or similar multi gauge that can plug into the OBD II port. Plus, you will be able to read dozens of other parameters like cylinder head temp, coolant temp, voltage, inlet air temp, mpg, mph, rpm, gph, etc.

I have an Autometer fuel pressure gauge with the sensor remotely mounted inside the drivers wheel well. Either it or the gauge is bad since it never reads the right fuel pressure. What a waste, for the $200 I paid for it, I could and should have got a wideband. Going to take it out one day and put a wideband.

I have had a DashHawk and a ScanGauge, and neither could read Oil Pressure through the OBD II. Can the Aeroforce?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back