What will it make on the dyno?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm just going to put up the numbers my Bullitt made and see how close they are to Bruce's car.
643/619.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
How is it going to be scored?

Total all numbers hp and tq. Closest wins.

If my fuel system can't support the 2.65" pulley to 7k then only the 3" numbers will be used.

The prize for getting closest to the numbers:

A set of 8 Mahle pistons that need a 3.703" bore. They also come with 1.775" .867 pins.

The pistons are Yates racing take outs. The pistons and pins are lightweight. IIRC they are about 50 grams less than stock size pistons.

Combined with a stock stroke crank and lightweight rods they would make a fast revving motor with a high redline. They can also be used in a stroker because the compression height is 1.175". The exhaust valve relief is for a 4v. All it will take for a 3v is a flycut.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'm not the best driver. It won't be a true representation of the car. An example would be with a Whipple making 515rwhp. All I could manage was 11.67@123.

Your car probably does that as is! What's your best?

Sounds like you can drive just fine.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really thought the times should of been better. Another example would be with 337rwhp na. I ran very consistent 12.90 and 12.91 at 107. Not that good for the hp imo. Frankie fdjizm would be in the 11's with that much power, lol.

Life has pretty much shut down any racing for now. Hopefully I get to go sometime this year. Until then it's just the dyno.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
637/571 with the 2.65" and 717/631 with the 3"

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
593 rwhp / 526 rwtq with a 3" pulley. 10.70's @ 130 mph 1/4 mile.
670 rwhp / 594 rwtq with a 2.65" pulley. 10.20's @ 137 mph 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
I'm not the best driver. It won't be a true representation of the car. An example would be with a Whipple making 515rwhp. All I could manage was 11.67@123.

Your car probably does that as is! What's your best?

LOL, no offense but yeah that sucks. I was running 10.9's with a manual and DR's at that power level, but then again with the little seat I have been getting lately a .5-.6 reaction time is good for me now, thank god the car is dead consistent. You got to practice that's all.

Can we enter as often as we would like?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
No offense taken. I realize the time is nothing to brag about but at the same time I'm not going to be embarrassed. My self worth isn't dependent on a 1/4 mile time so I can take the comments and have nothing to hide.

No matter what I did it either bogged or blew the tires off. I ran quite a few 12.x at 125+ just trying to get to 11's. An auto sure would of been nice. The 11.67 and 11.69 I ran back to back both had me hitting the limiter right before the end. It wasn't the best setup, certainly not for drag racing anyway.

I think the gearing and tires have a little more thought in them this time. It's a fun time but it's 90 miles through two cities (Seattle and Tacoma) one way to the track for me. My life just isn't letting me get there this year. Too much going on. Maybe in a few weeks.

One entry, even for the dildo king. Lol.

LOL, no offense but yeah that sucks. I was running 10.9's with a manual and DR's at that power level, but then again with the little seat I have been getting lately a .5-.6 reaction time is good for me now, thank god the car is dead consistent. You got to practice that's all.

Can we enter as often as we would like?

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
No offense taken. I realize the time is nothing to brag about but at the same time I'm not going to be embarrassed. My self worth isn't dependent on a 1/4 mile time so I can take the comments and have nothing to hide.

No matter what I did it either bogged or blew the tires off. I ran quite a few 12.x at 125+ just trying to get to 11's. An auto sure would of been nice. The 11.67 and 11.69 I ran back to back both had me hitting the limiter right before the end. It wasn't the best setup, certainly not for drag racing anyway.

I think the gearing and tires have a little more thought in them this time. It's a fun time but it's 90 miles through two cities (Seattle and Tacoma) one way to the track for me. My life just isn't letting me get there this year. Too much going on. Maybe in a few weeks.

One entry, even for the dildo king. Lol.

It does help that I am 15 minutes from the track. No more dildo's :( moved on to something else, too many dicks it that business.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back