Whats a GOOD drag suspension setup

09bbbkgt

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys im lookin to upgrade my suspension on my car. I do alot of drag racing and need a good setup. Whats do you guys think will work for me.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Suspensions are good, I suggest using one.

But seriously, it's a pretty simple suspension. You have 2 struts up front and a 3-link rear with a panhard bar, which are all upgradable. You're going to have to do your own research.

Last edited:

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Really Simple.

Good Springs (Stock are okay, CJ, BMR, Eibach)
Shocks (Tokico, Koni, QA1)
LCAs (BMR, MM, J&M)
Adj UCA (BMR)
Adj PHB (J&M, BMR, MM)

As said above - Use the search, and do some research. Everything you'll ever want to know is here. After you search and learn as much as you can about all the pars if you still have questions try asking some of the guys on here personally. There are TONS of serious racers & builders/tuners on this forum that can help you out (PSFRacer, MattD, SD, John@BlowBy, AMChris, etc).

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Really Simple.

LCAs (BMR, MM, J&M)
Adj UCA (BMR)
Adj PHB (J&M, BMR, MM)

As said above - Use the search, and do some research. Everything you'll ever want to know is here. After you search and learn as much as you can about all the pars if you still have questions try asking some of the guys on here personally. There are TONS of serious racers & builders/tuners on this forum that can help you out (PSFRacer, MattD, SD, John@BlowBy, AMChris, etc).
Actually SD is a goner lol

To OP, like everyone else is saying just do your own research but to get ya started look into lower control arms, springs, and relocation brackets as far as searching goes. Good luck! This will probably get moved to Chit Chat I imagine, so try to post things that are not techy in that area.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im lookin to upgrade my suspension on my car. I do alot of drag racing and need a good setup. Whats do you guys think will work for me.

See below :thumb:

Thank you sir :beer: This is the end all threads for drag suspension on the forum lot's of members have put in their own set up's and pages of great reading to do.

Really Simple.

LCAs (BMR, MM, J&M)
Adj UCA (BMR)
Adj PHB (J&M, BMR, MM)

Exactly, lot's of us have been through the rear suspension set up's and have tried alot of differn't parts for the best results. :beer:

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Do you want GOOD or do you want GREAT???

John is right. Sky($$) is the limit!!

I'd read through that thread Matt started. There's great info in there of some hardcore setups that are pulling 1.2 60's and also some good street/strip setups that are in the 1.5-1.69999999 range (haha @ MattD:lol2:)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back