Whats it worth?

MUSTANGLOVER73

forum member
Reaction score
a shortblock out of an 05 GT but the guy says.....

I do still have the shortblock. crank and all. but I won't lie to you. one small problem is that the #1 cylinder would need to be resleeved. there is a very small hairline crack through the sleeve into the water jacket in #1. any machine shop or the one I used can repair that at not much cost. not sure what your looking for a short block for? boring it out?... i'm flexable with pricing and haven't really set any price for anything... i'll work with you if your serious about it.

What is it worth?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
a shortblock out of an 05 GT but the guy says.....

I do still have the shortblock. crank and all. but I won't lie to you. one small problem is that the #1 cylinder would need to be resleeved. there is a very small hairline crack through the sleeve into the water jacket in #1. any machine shop or the one I used can repair that at not much cost. not sure what your looking for a short block for? boring it out?... i'm flexable with pricing and haven't really set any price for anything... i'll work with you if your serious about it.

What is it worth?

what's a stock, unmolested shortblock worth minus the cost to repair this one ?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMO the best thing would be to resleeve all of the cylinders. Could get expensive.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's worth about $100 if it's as he describes. A sleeve isn't a big deal, it's about $120 to have done. But I'd be more interested in hearing how that happened and if there's anything else potentially wrong with that block.

I wouldn't buy it without having it checked out first.

Sinner

forum member
Reaction score
i know nothing about this but i just say buy one that's in working order or a new block. it's better to pay more sometimes and know you're getting something that is going to be more realiable.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
IMO the best thing would be to resleeve all of the cylinders. Could get expensive.

There's no need to resleeve all the cylinders unless they were all bad, and even then, that would be well over $1000. I have a brand new block in stock that I could sell for less than that.

MUSTANGLOVER73

forum member
Reaction score
i think i will stay away from it. Thanks for the input guys. Probably just better off getting a nice used block somewhere else. I would be having it shipped to me so i wouldnt have a chance to get it inspected so i guess its better to lay off the deal. I appreciate the help!!!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You would only sleeve the one cylinder, i would have them all done. Better yet i would find a more usable block.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
You would only sleeve the one cylinder, i would have them all done. Better yet i would find a more usable block.

Why would you have them all done? And, I agreed that finding even a brand new block would be a cheaper, better alternative. Having them all done would be rediculously expensive and not needed anyway. Unless you're trying to build some sort of big bore block, a block that needs 8 sleeves is a block that's destined for the recycling bin.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I grew up in the old way of thinking, do them all or dont do it at all.

As long as you understand that it really is the old way of thinking then I guess that's fine.

So, when you get a flat tire, do you replace all 4?

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
shit, I talked to Greenleaf here in Houston and they offered me a longblock out of an 08 Bullet with 27,000 miles and a lifetime warranty for $1650. That was CAI all the way down to the oil pan; alternator included.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It depends, my wife got a flat on Saturday and i replaced all 4. Im not trying to be a smartass but thats what really happened. Her tires were over 4 years old. I know its an old way of thinking. Im used to building motors using 400 sbc and 302 sbc blocks. There isnt too many left laying around so sleeving is the only option.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back