Whats killing my window tint?

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I have an 08 and I don't even window tint, but something inside the window straight up is cuting into my window. Has anyone else had this issue? It does not make any noice or anything when going up or down but you can see were it is cuting vertical lines into the window! :omfg:

My '08 has tint scratches too.

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
I have an 08 and I don't even have window tint, but something inside the window straight up is cuting into my window. Has anyone else had this issue? It does not make any noice or anything when going up or down but you can see were it is cuting vertical lines into the window! :omfg:

Same here. My 08 has these vertical lines on the glass. (no tint).

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had to move this out of tech..

I hope you don't mind. THis is a better section for it. :thumb2:

flgt

Reaction score
Ya, the easiest, fastest and cheepist fix is this kit. It will last forever. Mine have been going since 06 with no problems.

It takes 10 minutes a window to install and you only have to remove one screw to get at the weather strip.

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
busa let me know when you get it i wanna see this in action i need it for mine

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Tintprotector.com. it really works. Installs easy and only $30.

jrsauto

Reaction score
+1 on the tint protector mole skin have it on my 07 with 20% tint and no problems.

Black Baby II

Black Baby II
Reaction score
Had the same issue with my 07, went with the FOMOCO 08 replacements and no issues since. The mole skin is cheaper but for me I did not want to mess with the adhesive crap. The 08 and above FOMOCO replacements are built in, no worries so far !

LegendLives

Reaction score
Had the same issue with my 07, went with the FOMOCO 08 replacements and no issues since. The mole skin is cheaper but for me I did not want to mess with the adhesive crap. The 08 and above FOMOCO replacements are built in, no worries so far !

Tell me more, part number? thanks

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I wonder if the 2011's have this issue? I've had my tint on for two months now and haven't noticed any scratches. But beyond that, I don't want my friggin glass to get scratched either. If it goes through the tint and into the glass, the windows will never be tintable after that.

I may just do this as preventative maintenance.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the 2011's have this issue? I've had my tint on for two months now and haven't noticed any scratches. But beyond that, I don't want my friggin glass to get scratched either. If it goes through the tint and into the glass, the windows will never be tintable after that.

I may just do this as preventative maintenance.
If you roll your windows down a lot and don't see anything after 2 months, then you should be fine. My glass was never scratched prior to getting tint...but the tint is a lot softer than the glass.

Melvin's Fly

forum member
Reaction score
I had scratches in my 07 as well. Bought from tintprotector.com and replaced the scratched tint - no problems since. The moleskin from tintprotector is not a hard install.

Black Baby II

Black Baby II
Reaction score

LegendLives

Reaction score
It is the first one #6. You can allways call the stealership and they can run the part numbers for you as well. A bit more than than the moleskin but it was worth it to me.

Hey thanks a bunch, I think this might be the route I go. Now I guess I will have my moleskin kit For Sale.

flgt

Reaction score
Bought from tintprotector.com and replaced the scratched tint - no problems since. The moleskin from tintprotector is not a hard install.

I have Tint Protector felt on three of my cars. It has lasted for 5+ years so far.

It takes 30 min to install. Why spend more when you can just get this stuff and be done.....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back