whats the aux button for?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
ive just bought my 06 gt and it has the shaker 500. it has an auxilary button but i have no idea if there is a port somewhere i can plug my phone or some other device into or what. if thats not it then whats the aux button for?

on my other car i can plug my phone in with a 3.5mm cord and use the aux button to play through or i can use the usb.

JimC

Reaction score
The AUX isn't used on the 2006 Mustang. There isn't a connection - it is easier/cheaper for Ford to standardize the radio for all models and some had a need for the AUX and Sirius buttons.

There is an aftermarket connector you can get - can't think of what it is called now but I'm sure someone will chime in.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
There is an Ipod/IPhone adapter that connects to the rear of the stereo. It allows the Ipod/Iphone to charge and enables the AUX button to have the stereo interface to the Ipod/Iphone.

The manufacturer is USA Spec. There are two models: (1) PA15-Ford1 for cars without a Satellite tuner installed and (2) PA15-Ford2 for cars with a Satellite tuner installed. Most likely the Mustang has the no Satellite option - I know mine does not.

http://usaspec.com/product.php?ProductID=59

I have another model that can adapt to any device since it has RCA connectors. The RCA cable you use then determines the device (Iphone, mp3 player, etc). The downside is I have to control the music FROM the device and not the head unit.

Last edited:

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Whats build date? My 07 has the AUX option and have plug in center console, to hook up Ipod. Looks like a jack for headphones..

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
Whats build date? My 07 has the AUX option and have plug in center console, to hook up Ipod. Looks like a jack for headphones..

i actually opened the console hoping to see somekind of input the other day and no luck. the only thing i had was a charger port inside the console.

thanks for the replies guys i thought maybe i has overlooking an input in the glove box or something.

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Model year '07 is when the connector was put in the console. Before then the button didn't hook up to anything in the Mustang.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My 2005 had the Shaker 1000. It had the AUX button. There is a port with a specific plug receptacle on the rear of the head unit. I believe the AUX option was for dealer installed audio options. For example a CD changer in the trunk. Kinda dumb IMO since they came with 6 disc in dash setups.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
guess i'll start looking for a touch screen unit with bluetooth, something that will fill the factory hole and still look kind of factory.

bcb06gt

Reaction score
I couldn't justify the touch screen with Bluetooth when my iPhone plays through the Aux fine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back