Wheel question

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
I'd sent this same message in an email to AM a few days ago, no response, so I'm hoping that I can get some help through this forum ...

I have a few questions about the 19x10" MMD Axim wheel. As with all of the 10" S197 wheels on your site, it is listed as being for rear only. I understand that you likely do that because of tolerances for clearance on the front depending on ride height and tire size. Currently I have 18x9.5" +45 Steeda wheels for street use, and 18x10" +43 SVE Drift wheels for track use, and am looking to go to 19x10" for the street package. The car is not a daily driver, and has 2 degrees of negative camber to help tuck the tops of the tires in to the fenders.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-axim-charcoal-19x10-0514.html

Any idea if these wheels have enough spoke clearance for the 14" Brembo brakes? Sometimes the narrower version of the same wheel fits, and the wider one does not because of the curve of the spokes. Also, rough idea on weight of the wheel?

thank you,

Ed Nicholson

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Ed - Sorry about the delay on our customer service email teams end! You're right on the money on how they're advertised but I don't think that you would have a a problem having them clear.

The best that I could suggest would be to purchase one wheel to have it test fit to ensure that you're buying 4 wheels for no reason!

Worst case scenario if they wont clear they can be shipped back for a full refund on the wheel.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you're to have any other questions, we're always around to help.

Alex

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alex. Would rather not be doing a test fit, since I'm in Canada and would be paying brokerage fees and duty as well, unless you guys will ship to a NY border broker for me.

Do you have a spec on the weight for that wheel? Not expecting a lightweight, but trying to avoid the 30+ lb category if possible.

thanks!

Ed N.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Alex. Would rather not be doing a test fit, since I'm in Canada and would be paying brokerage fees and duty as well, unless you guys will ship to a NY border broker for me.

Do you have a spec on the weight for that wheel? Not expecting a lightweight, but trying to avoid the 30+ lb category if possible.

thanks!

Ed N.

Ed - Where's my manners here! Sorry about that.

For the record we actually incorporate Tax, Duty, and any other type of fees into one shipping cost but we're more than happy to have it shipped somewhere along the boarder for you if that's easier!

Here's the weight on the Wheel as well - 32.879lbs.

Let me know if you're to have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
33 lbs, ugh ... it's a nice wheel but I don't think I want something that heavy. Appreciate the information on it.

I know that you guys do an "all-in" price on shipping to Canada, but my point was that if the wheel did not clear the brakes, I'm thinking that you're not going to refund shipping costs as well, just the part cost itself.

May have some more questions on a few other wheels later, let me browse the site a bit more. You should mention to whoever looks after updating the specs on the various wheels that there a bunch of them not showing the weights.

thx,
Ed

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. I do have access to a border broker in Niagara Falls NY that looks after the hot rod parts shop where my brother works ... the owner is OK with me having stuff shipped there for myself.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
One I can use occasionally does commercial orders ... they look after the shop that my brother works for, and the owner of the shop is kind enough to let me use their broker service at $10 per box (their cost) for myself as long as I don't abuse the privilege!

cheers
Ed

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
If you end up being OK with the wheel weight, you could always order 2 wheels, if they fit, great, if they don't fit on the front, keep them for the rear and order 2 of the front size

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Ended up with a set of the 2010 style GT-500 replicas in 19x10. Definitely wanted a square setup because I do track days with the car, and often if it's an event where I'm also instructing I don't feel like making the effort of swapping the dedicated track rubber and wheels on for a few sessions.

cheers
Ed

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back