Wheel replicas

rockpilot

Reaction score
Has anybody had any problems with wheelreplicas.com? I ordered a set of saleens for my 2011 gt and I'm having a real problem getting the wheel and tire combo balanced. Btw I had them road force balanced, but while on the balancing machine it looks like the tires have flat spots. The wheels are also requiring a lot of weight to balance yet the steering wheel still shakes pretty bad at 60 mph. Any input or thoughts are welcome

rockpilot

Reaction score
Toyo ecstensa in 255/45/18. Also the rotor retaining clips have been removed.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No familiar with those tires. I've bought plenty of stuff with that company for work and never had a issue. Where are you getting them balanced at ?

rockpilot

Reaction score
Ford dealership twice, and then went to Firestone where they road force balanced them. You could see the height difference as it was spinning on the balancer.

rockpilot

Reaction score
So, the tire store replaced the two rear tires, however it still vibrates really bad. I had them measure the runout on the wheel and it was 0.010 for the driverside rear and .007 on the passenger side rear. It took 7 oz of weight to balance the drivers side rear tire. Wheel replicas suggested that they try clocking the tire on the rim 180 degrees. While this did bring down the weight needed by 5 oz., which is great, the rearend feels like its gonna come off at any speed above 50. Long story short I'm pretty sure i have atleast one wheel that is out of shape. Hopefully wheel replicas can help me out.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
when you spin it, looking from the inside, does there seem to be an out of shape curve?

rockpilot

Reaction score
That's what the tech at Firestone claims. Not sure if where he was looking, but from what I saw, it looked like the lip was moving up and down rather than a lateral motion. I would describe it as the wheel being oval shaped rather than a circle.

Last edited:

rockpilot

Reaction score
So apparently both rear wheels are in spec and the tires are to blame...according to discount tires. They even tried to get toyo to warranty them but toyo Claims that because they are not the stock size, they will not do anything. Even though the tire/wheel combo is correct according to toyos website. Note to self, don't buy toyo tires. Now I'm stuck with tires that vibrate my car on the highway... Good times!

rockpilot

Reaction score
They must do something with toyo, not sure why else the salesman would have called his rep

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They must do something with toyo, not sure why else the salesman would have called his rep

We can always try to go through the vendor we get Toyos Through, but most if the time it never pans out well. There are few select stores within the company that are direct with toyo.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I have wheel replica Cobra R's and have had no issues, with the exception of the chrome on the inside of one of them is so thin its white. Was like that when i got them and I didn't try to get them to replace it because I had planned to paint the inside lip anyway. Just never did.

rockpilot

Reaction score
Well, either way I need to figure something out..... My car is taking a beating on the highway. It's just a lot of money to throw away on something that shouldn't really be a problem.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Well, either way I need to figure something out..... My car is taking a beating on the highway. It's just a lot of money to throw away on something that shouldn't really be a problem.

Where'd you buy the tires and when?
If they are brand new make the tire store you bought them from take them back.

Sent from iPhone

rockpilot

Reaction score
Yeah, I tried to get my money back, and the guy at tiresdirect told there was no way toyo would ever accept a warranty claim for all 4 tires. I was able to get two new ones out of them but nothing else. They only give money back on unused tires

Last edited:

jmauld

forum member
Reaction score
Did you get it fixed? Have you removed the little clips that hold the brake rotors on during manufacturing? When I got a new set of wheels, they wouldn't seat properly with those clips installed.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I still can't believe the tire shop you bought the tires from won't make this right. If they could not balance them the first time when installed, they'd be taking that shit off my car. End of story!

Sent from iPhone

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back