wheel/tire dilemma.....please enter

mynameismike65

forum member
Reaction score
Long story short.....got some hand me down rims, need new tires for front.

Keep in mind these came off a car with BMR springs (1.25" front-1.75"rear)

Specs

Front- 17x9 bullitts, current tires 225/45/17 (WAY too stretched and too
short imo.)

Rear- 18x10 bullitts, current tires 295/35/18

My question is how would it look if I went 255/50/17 in the front, obviously it wouldnt look strectched (i.e stupid) and the slightly bigger sidewall would fill out the wheel wells a bit. Would it be too much tire in front compared to the rear? I mean the front rims are an inch. smaller then the rear, so wouldnt that "offset" it then? Opinions needed!!!! AND DO NOT TELL ME TO LOWER IT BECAUSE ITS PHYSICALLY NOT POSSIBLE IN MY DRIVEWAY AND WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!

These are what Im looking at....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...55WR7ZRI&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Long story short.....got some hand me down rims, need new tires for front.

Keep in mind these came off a car with BMR springs (1.25" front-1.75"rear)

Specs

Front- 17x9 bullitts, current tires 225/45/17 (WAY too stretched and too
short imo.)

Rear- 18x10 bullitts, current tires 295/35/18

My question is how would it look if I went 255/50/17 in the front, obviously it wouldnt look strectched (i.e stupid) and the slightly bigger sidewall would fill out the wheel wells a bit. Would it be too much tire in front compared to the rear? I mean the front rims are an inch. smaller then the rear, so wouldnt that "offset" it then? Opinions needed!!!! AND DO NOT TELL ME TO LOWER IT BECAUSE ITS PHYSICALLY NOT POSSIBLE IN MY DRIVEWAY AND WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!

These are what Im looking at....
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...55WR7ZRI&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Lower the car.

lol, j/k man. but why don't you put the rear wheels on the front, and get ET Streets or M&H tires for the rear? unless it's your DD, and you drive like 400 miles a week.

mynameismike65

forum member
Reaction score
Lower the car.

lol, j/k man. but why don't you put the rear wheels on the front, and get ET Streets or M&H tires for the rear? unless it's your DD, and you drive like 400 miles a week.

The rear are 295's, which obviously dont fit a 9" rim...or wouldn't fit up front period.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have been running 255/50-17 Nittos on 17x9 Bullitts for over four years. Good combo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back