wheels without tire pressure sensors?

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
if i buy wheels without the tire pressure sensors what will happen? will it just set off the low tire pressure code or something and if i just shut that off would there be any problems??

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
I put wheels on my 07 that didn't have sensors in them. Every time I would start the car it would say "tire pressure fault" in the display on the dash. I would hit the reset button and it wouldn't come back on till after the car was shut off and restarted.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
yeah that would be fine i guess but that light would get pretty annoying everytime i started the car

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
Just buy the tpms kit for them from american muscle.that way you can pass inspection when the time comes.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if i buy wheels without the tire pressure sensors what will happen? will it just set off the low tire pressure code or something and if i just shut that off would there be any problems??
You just Hit the reset btn. and it will get rid of the message.
But, you have to do it everytime you restart the car.
Also it will have a Warning Symbol in your Display that gets on one's nerves, especially at Night.
A Small piece of Black Electrical Tape will take care of that.

I have that situation with these.

newbullittlook92-1.jpg

tigerhonaker

brett2008

forum member
Reaction score
You just Hit the reset btn. and it will get rid of the message.
But, you have to do it everytime you restart the car.
Also it will have a Warning Symbol in your Display that gets on one's nerves, especially at Night.
A Small piece of Black Electrical Tape will take care of that.

I have that situation with these.

newbullittlook92-1.jpg

tigerhonaker
Yup!I just hit the reset button...I luv my racestars..gained 1/2 sec et...and 2mph...

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score

The wheels your getting have the tpms sensors...you'll have to buy a programmer from american muscle or someone and program them for your car. Just wanted to mention that as a reminder.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You will just get a exclamation point, which is the TPMS sensor light that will stay on.....doesnt hurt anything. I've been running with that light on for almost 2 years now.

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
The wheels your getting have the tpms sensors...you'll have to buy a programmer from american muscle or someone and program them for your car. Just wanted to mention that as a reminder.

Oh I know that lol I posted this a while back before I bought yours

obofglob

Reaction score
I put 2011 wheels on my 07. I realize that the sensors are not compatible. After about 50 miles the TPMS warning came on, I hit reset just before parking my car in the garage.

The TPMS warning has not come back on since. I am wondering if the system is reading the sensors from my old wheels which are stacked in the garage behind my car.

I am thinking the warning will come back on with a longer trip.

I am just going to hit the reset and eventually use tape for the light like Tigerhonker. At least until I need new tires. I don't want to risk rim damage to have the sensors installed.

I would have bought an 06 if I had given more thought to TPMS.

Back