Where is Brenspeed located (state/city)?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They have some kick-ass prices on Saleen Series IV SC kits, and I'm contemplating letting them install/tune it also...but I need to know where they are.

:bigbeer:

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They have some kick-ass prices on Saleen Series IV SC kits, and I'm contemplating letting them install/tune it also...but I need to know where they are.

:bigbeer:

over 1,000 mile drive! have fun lol

ultamax

forum member
Reaction score
They'll put you up for the night if you go there. I believe they have a guest house now. I haven't made the drive myself but have purchased a number of parts. They have great customer service and an excellent tune.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Justin...couldn't seem to find that info on their website.

No shit! That's why I was asking about location...a KB from Strictly Pro is probably a better idea....he's only 12 miles away!

You would be better off just going with a JDM canned tune, and throwing it on the dyno to check your parameters.

Androdz

Banned
Reaction score
KB tunes are pretty rather good from the box from what I have seen. It is the whipples that are sometimes off, haven't seen a saleen canned tune so I can't say much about that one though

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just drove almost 8 hours each way there for my paxton install, pretty good experience.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There are some good shops in Houston you could try. I'll let the Houston folks chime in.

Also, HPP in Lewisville, TX knows how to install/tune Saleen SCs very good. Several of us up here in Dallas have our cars worked on by them.

Hope this helps.

Mike

ultamax

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got my kit from Brenspeed and had the install/dyno done at PSI in Webster. Very pleased with the results, and they are clearly on par w/ the others mentioned. After all, Brenspeed and JDM are both certified Saleen-backed Speedlabs, and Patrick at PSI has worked with some of the same folks as well.

It probably just comes down to who will offer the best deal at the exact time you have the cash in-hand and how you want to handle the install process. You've done the research, found the best options, now it's time to pull the boost trigger. Good luck with your win-win scenario!

Last edited:

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the KB tune commands a 11.0 AFR with 26 Degrees of timing. This is done for compatibility with different combination's. they run rich but make the power back with timing. I used it for almost 2 years with racing with no ill effects. The whipple tunes early on were very lean after 5500rpms or so. not sure if its been corrected or not. Whipple was denyi9ng at the time there was a problem with the tune. As for Saleens canned tune it is garbage. If you go with a saleen, you need a JDM tune.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, Brenspeed is only 530ish miles away from me now. I may take a little trip next time I need a tune. Like say a 91 daily driver tune and and a 93 - 100 race tune. Hmm, something to think about.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back