Where to mount SLP line lock switch

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my manual gt is getting a line lock put in Monday, the mechanic recommends mounting it to the shifter but I'm worried I may hit it by accident while driving...thoughts?!?!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what type of switch are you using?

dv8uagain

Worthless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mounted my 3 way in the center console and wired the switch to the cc off button. Totally hidden and cc still works when I want it to

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought the SLP kit, there isn't a switch included?!?

what type of switch are you using?

All the kit says is, toggle switch included . I need to get that Hurst switch don't I?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This kit?

if so, yes, it's a toggle, I'd suggest to the right of the steering wheel and left of the center console.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
This kit?

if so, yes, it's a toggle, I'd suggest to the right of the steering wheel and left of the center console.

Thanks for your help Dave, looks like the same I got. Will mount it where you Told me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-09-09-27-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-09-09-27-33.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 18

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
funny, I got the image I used off of AM as well, yet it's a different picture.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Hey guys, my manual gt is getting a line lock put in Monday, the mechanic recommends mounting it to the shifter but I'm worried I may hit it by accident while driving...thoughts?!?!

I have a second switch that powers up the line lock. You have to have the power on and the button depressed to engage the line locks. This way if you hit the button while the master power button is off, it will not activate the solenoids. I used my OD button on the shifter. I have a separate switch that toggles that button between OD and the line lock. Kind of confusing but it works and is safe.

Just a sidenote. The toggle switch is not liked by some tracks. I believe it has to be hooked to a momentary switch to be 100% NHRA complient, but don't quote me on that. I got a dual solenoid kit as I was a little confused about the wording in the rules about where the solenoid can be in relation to the ABS block and proportioning valve, so I just took them out of the equation and mounted a solenoid in each wheel well.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
JPC kit works great- mounted mine in the emergency brake handle well. can't bump while driving but easy to reach down at the track with your right hand.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a rocker switch in that location.

Picture051.jpg

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
I had a rocker switch in that location.

Picture051.jpg

Mine is almost in the same spot. Mine faces up instead off to the left. It has a larger plastic cover over it that keeps it from getting bumped and easy to turn off.

It's also protected by the e brake.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just a sidenote. The toggle switch is not liked by some tracks. I believe it has to be hooked to a momentary switch to be 100% NHRA complient, but don't quote me on that. I got a dual solenoid kit as I was a little confused about the wording in the rules about where the solenoid can be in relation to the ABS block and proportioning valve, so I just took them out of the equation and mounted a solenoid in each wheel well.
These cars don't have a proportioning valve like older cars did. Only problem may arise if the tech inspector decides to call your abs module a proportioning valve, which it is not.

07 Boss

Reaction score
These cars don't have a proportioning valve like older cars did. Only problem may arise if the tech inspector decides to call your abs module a proportioning valve, which it is not.

That is the debate I kept coming across with no definitive answer given so I went with a dual kit. Solenoids are in the wheel well. Came with stainless lines so you get to upgrade those at the same time which is a plus. They use all of the stock plumbing and you only replace the last bit of hose going to the caliper, easy peasy.

This powers up the system and then I use the button on the shifter handle to activate the solenoids.

85GT 7.0

Reaction score
Switch

Use a momentary switch and mount it where you want. If you bump it while driving nothing is going to happen. You have to set the brakes then push the button to hold the brakes, it won't just apply the brakes if you push the button.

travelers

Reaction score
That is the debate I kept coming across with no definitive answer given so I went with a dual kit. Solenoids are in the wheel well. Came with stainless lines so you get to upgrade those at the same time which is a plus. They use all of the stock plumbing and you only replace the last bit of hose going to the caliper, easy peasy.

This powers up the system and then I use the button on the shifter handle to activate the solenoids.

Nice place to put some switches

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back