Whipple supercharger help

scrappydoo1888

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys! The used Whipple supercharger that I bought arrived today in 2 boxes. This is for my 2005 Mustang GT. After going through the parts I'm confused and need some help. The seller claimed it came with the stock pulleys but after taking everything out I see that it came with a Steeda pulley. Also this is a 10 rib set-up which in theory is better I think but now would I have to do other things to my stock pulleys to make compatible? It also came with another Steeda bigger pulley? Possibly the crank but the belt doesn't fit that. I wanted my set-up to make 9-10lbs.of boost and 460-475 rwhp but this pulley seems small?

I'm going to try to attach pics of everything I received to try to make sense of this and help determine what I may be missing or need to make this work. I've put the sizes of the pulleys with a tape measure for reference. Also I've ordered a Shelby GT500 heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir. Also have a Kenne BEll BAP and colder plugs.
Thanks for your help in advance,
Steve

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 11

travelers

Reaction score
Hi guys! The used Whipple supercharger that I bought arrived today in 2 boxes. This is for my 2005 Mustang GT. After going through the parts I'm confused and need some help. The seller claimed it came with the stock pulleys but after taking everything out I see that it came with a Steeda pulley. Also this is a 10 rib set-up which in theory is better I think but now would I have to do other things to my stock pulleys to make compatible? It also came with another Steeda bigger pulley? Possibly the crank but the belt doesn't fit that. I wanted my set-up to make 9-10lbs.of boost and 460-475 rwhp but this pulley seems small?

I'm going to try to attach pics of everything I received to try to make sense of this and help determine what I may be missing or need to make this work. I've put the sizes of the pulleys with a tape measure for reference. Also I've ordered a Shelby GT500 heat exchanger, pump, and reservoir. Also have a Kenne BEll BAP and colder plugs.
Thanks for your help in advance,
Steve

If you go to this like you will have the instructions on the Whipple.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...0sapfWx-yNZMcZaYNdGcng&bvm=bv.128617741,d.ZGg

scrappydoo1888

forum member
Reaction score

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Have you contacted the seller to see why they failed to mention the setup they were selling you was a 10 rib? I didn't have a whipple on my '08 but I'd imagine you'd have to swap all the pulleys to make that work. That crank pulley looks like an underdrive pulley, not sure why anyone would want to run that with a supercharger. I'd contact the seller and ask what they sent you and what their setup was.

scrappydoo1888

forum member
Reaction score
Have you contacted the seller to see why they failed to mention the setup they were selling you was a 10 rib? I didn't have a whipple on my '08 but I'd imagine you'd have to swap all the pulleys to make that work. That crank pulley looks like an underdrive pulley, not sure why anyone would want to run that with a supercharger. I'd contact the seller and ask what they sent you and what their setup was.

I just sent him a text. He told me everything he had on his same year 2005 Mustang GT I would be getting in this kit. The pulleys are confusing me. I was expecting a simple install considering it was coming off the same year Mustang that had nothing else done to it except exhaust.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back