Whippled 3V's take a look

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here a work in progress of the new inlet manifold for the Whipple 2.3l . This new setup with the big mouth t-body should produce 75-80rwhp due to less inlet restriction.The T-body will stay on the left side, and can either reuse the stock CAI with a little trimming , or a custom one. I moved the t-body forward a little to create a better radius on the short side.Heres a few pics.

Last edited:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man you are a busy guy!! They should call you "Fab-King" or the Fabinator! lol

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Looking awsome man! Can't wait to see some numbers from that thing!:allhail:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would think you would also need a new intake tube to take advantage of the big mouth throttle body. The stock one that comes with the whipple is actually a smaller oval then the BBK 62mm throttle body. Currently I have a silicone coupler that is 5 inch diameter on the throttle body side, and 4 1/2 inch diameter on the intake tube side.

Anyway, I think you need a whipple car to test this, right? I know where one is........

Can you PM me what the manifold, throttle body and custom intake tube would cost? I would really like to get the car to sub 10.60's so I could run in the PSCA 10.60 class---that has been my goal all along. I think this would do it. I need to pick up a solid 2/10ths in the 1/4. Plus I need to kick Dean's ass to. I could go with bogarts but I like the stock "factory" look and running 10's.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would think you would also need a new intake tube to take advantage of the big mouth throttle body. The stock one that comes with the whipple is actually a smaller oval then the BBK 62mm throttle body. Currently I have a silicone coupler that is 5 inch diameter on the throttle body side, and 4 1/2 inch diameter on the intake tube side.

Anyway, I think you need a whipple car to test this, right? I know where one is........

Can you PM me what the manifold, throttle body and custom intake tube would cost? I would really like to get the car to sub 10.60's so I could run in the PSCA 10.60 class---that has been my goal all along. I think this would do it. I need to pick up a solid 2/10ths in the 1/4. Plus I need to kick Dean's ass to. I could go with bogarts but I like the stock "factory" look and running 10's.

Alright mister, you called down the thunder, so be prepared to suffer further humility. No more "I can't run the left lane Dean I spin", or "you have Bogarts and slicks" etc. etc...which by the way have yet to yield me a 1.4x 60' (which you do consistently on your sleeper Saleen/radial combo!!) Not to mention the fact that you surely mph better with DR's compared to slicks :poke:

So, you throw you're bigmouth intake on Mr. Whipple, and you get those clutch packs replaced because, my unicorn loving friend, it'll be all over at the tree :naughty:

P.S. The only thing I'll change in my car is a fresh set of HT0's :thumb:

CYA @ the track my rainbow friend :buttkick:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, you throw you're bigmouth intake on Mr. Whipple, and you get those clutch packs replaced because, my unicorn loving friend, it'll be all over at the tree :naughty:

HAHA---when you going to the track next? For another 1/4 mile race showdown we will have to wait awhile I think because nothing is open, unless we go all the way up to Sacramento---but there is always the Irwindale 1/8th mile. By the way, have you looked at our video I uploaded on streetfire lately?---it has over 3,300 views in 6 days.

Last edited:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
December 1st Fontana is open, but the last street legal event I went to the track prep was done by a Zamboni. Hopefully Alternative will pick up a day in December!!!!

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Alright mister, you called down the thunder, so be prepared to suffer further humility. No more "I can't run the left lane Dean I spin", or "you have Bogarts and slicks" etc. etc...which by the way have yet to yield me a 1.4x 60' (which you do consistently on your sleeper Saleen/radial combo!!) Not to mention the fact that you surely mph better with DR's compared to slicks :poke:

P.S. The only thing I'll change in my car is a fresh set of HT0's :thumb:

NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Alrighty..I got the first draft version done.Here are some pictures.I made templates today, so making more will be alot easier. I have decided to just make this an all sheet metal version now.The next one will be done in a day or two.Ill have these ready to sell by next week,along with a CAI.

Last edited:

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will the Black Diamond single blade TB that whipple sells be a direct bolt on? It bolts the the stock flange.

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re t-body

Yes it will. The flange is big enough to accept the small and big mono blade t-body.

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When will they be ready and how much..I pick up my engine form the builder tomorrow..this is perfect timing! I'll need the CAI too!

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re price

The price is $1150.00 for manifold and t-body combo shipped.Im doing the new intake design tonight. I was trying to get some numbers posted,but we are installing the manifold now.The price is outright,no core manifold .I will only be doing sheet metal intakes ,so lead time will 3 days from time of order to shipping.Im currently waiting for the flanges to get here,which should be within 2 days and then Im ready to go.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back