WhiteLine Positive Shift Trans bushing insert

KIXASS

Reaction score
I was going to buy one tight now but it was gonna charge me $14.50 for Fedex shipping so I cancelled. Lower shipping and I'm in for one. Who else is selling them? i want one NOW!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We just added the dimensions of the box to our shipping calculator and its been giving out some high figures. We just changed it to a flat rate of $5.95 and it's shipping with USPS, complete with tracking and $50 insurance value!

JimIII

Last edited:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We have our 2nd order of these coming in next week, we were also told by Whiteline to expect a two week turn around between back orders as their production schedule for these will be that often! So there won't be much of a wait if your already on our back order list.

We are installing our test unit today and will have results this afternoon!

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
JDM took care of me. I woke up this morning to a message that they were refunding the extra costs of shipping I had paid yesterday. Well done.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here are instructions for install as per JDM. White line includes there own instruction sheet but we just finished our install. Literally took 10 minutes. Anyone can do this in their driveway with race ramps and a floor jack! Only tools required are an 18 and 15mm socket and 1/4" drive ratchet. We used a Torque wrench to install the factory bolts at the precise torque spec. It's not necessary but its the right way to do it.

Whiteline Suspension Transmission Bushing Insert
2011-2014 Mustang GT/Boss Coyote
MT82 6 Speed Manual Transmission

INSTRUCTION SHEET as per JDM ENGINEERING

Begin with Vehicle on a lift or race ramps.

Place floor jack or jacking pole under transmission housing for support.

Remove all 4 transmission cross member bolts (18mm)

Remove the 2 transmission mount nuts (15mm)

Lower the transmission cross member and insert White Line bushing into the transmission mount, sitting on top of the factory rubber bushing. The Insert should sit neatly in the voided rubber mount.

After White Line Bushing has been installed, install cross member and bolts. Torque the Transmission cross member bolts (18mm) to 55 ft. lbs. Install the transmission mount nuts and Torque to 52 ft. lbs.

Remove the floor jack and take vehicle off the lift. Installation is complete.

Nick is out driving his car. Im going to let him explain the feeling and differences he noticed after the install. For most of you who don't know Nick he spends most of his driving time at Wide Open Throttle, haha. He has a 2012 GT Mustang with JDM Custom tune, Steeda cold air, Kooks Super Street Headers, H pipe with Cat deletes. He is constantly locked out of third gear when aggressively shifting at 6500-7K RPM.

Last edited:

KIXASS

Reaction score
That's great!!! Well done JDM!! I ordered mine this morning from MMS.

KIXASS

Reaction score
I meant no disrespect, but at the time shipping was like $14.00 so I went where there was FREE SHIPPING. Sorry!!!!

coffeydp

forum member
Reaction score
Jim, I was just about to submit my order on this, but the only shipping option is a 10.95 fixed shipping. Shipping to Pensacola, Fl 32501. And do you guys have a forum code?

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Shipping is still showing only option as $10.95. Soon as its fixed I'm in.

NVM got one already.

Last edited:

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
jesus the NVH.

Drove it around today with the bushing in, this is definitely a track day only part, at least on my car. introduces a lot of vibration into the cabin, and noise. shifter doesn't shake around a lot, but I already have a barton bracket and steeda shifter.

Going to pull it out for my sanity and just install it on track days. It does help firm the setup up.

Midnight11

forum member
Reaction score
jesus the NVH.

Drove it around today with the bushing in, this is definitely a track day only part, at least on my car. introduces a lot of vibration into the cabin, and noise. shifter doesn't shake around a lot, but I already have a barton bracket and steeda shifter.

Going to pull it out for my sanity and just install it on track days. It does help firm the setup up.

didnt notice any of that. did you grease it?

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
It was the bushing. Removed and everything is back to normal. I'm not sure this would be a problem for all cars, but I thought this issue might crop up as other cars tend to get a bit NVH grouchy if you firm the transmount without firming the motor mounts as well.

It will be fine for track days, its such a quick and easy install I'll just include it as part of the car setup for the day.

To put in perspective, my car has no cats, runs 1/2" plate restrictors, and the only two rubber bushings in the suspension are found in the UCA and axle mount. There's no engine covers, there's a tiger hood, and I run a Mcleod RXT clutch. There's plenty of NVH in this car, just the bushing pushed it over the top for me for DD use.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shipping is still showing only option as $10.95. Soon as its fixed I'm in.

NVM got one already.

We are working on it, if you notice on the product's page it shows $5.95 flat rate shipping but when you go to check out it raises to $10.95 :sigh1: We have our Tech guy working on it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back