Whiteline Sway Bars and Strut Brace Review

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just got mine today. Everything looks great and it was packaged very well. Got a great deal during the black friday sales. Any tips for the install and where to put the adustment settings at etc? My setup is street and ocasional drag strip use. I am lowered around a 1/2" with bilstein hd shocks/struts and a watts link.

20121201_101041.jpg

20121201_101054.jpg

Red_Devil

Quality.Power.Sound
Reaction score
I would start at the number 4 hole (which is at the edge of the blade, 1 being the one on the inside) and work your way forward, most people choose 3 or 4

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will start at 4 then, thanks. What affect does this actualy have on the car by moving it to say the 1 or 2 hole?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So hole 4 would be fully loose as far as adjustable stiffness goes would you say? I dont want to go too stiff as I currently don't have a front swaybar. I just need something stronger than stock to go with the watts link.

TJL442

forum member
Reaction score
A little off topic but I just received several Whiteline parts from the Black Friday sale and if the parts perform as good as they are packaged and look then I will be one happy man.

Tim

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Always install sway bars at the least stiff setting, and then tune from there.

Fyi, mine are both still on full-soft, which is still significantly stiffer than the factory bars.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Reaction score
These bars are becoming the subject of 3/5 threads nowadays to the point I don't event want to ask, but seeing the pictures constantly makes me wonder if anyone is looking to see if the mounts (u-bolts) on the axle are shifting at all?

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've checked them multiple times. They have not shifted. My car is driven at least 1,000 miles a month and autocrossed regularly.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
These bars are becoming the subject of 3/5 threads nowadays to the point I don't event want to ask, but seeing the pictures constantly makes me wonder if anyone is looking to see if the mounts (u-bolts) on the axle are shifting at all?

when we installed the LCA relocation brackets on Sky Render's car i had my doubts. if it were me i would have welded the bottom plates to the rear end housing to reduce the chance of them moving.
thats the only gripe i had with the whiteline parts, everything else is just flat gorgeous. they are top notch engineering in the build quality.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Good question to ask. I wondered the same thing when we first installed the Whiteline rear bar as well as their Watts Link, then later when we installed their rear LCA relocation brackets. These U-bolts are actually a somewhat common way of mounting a swaybar by even the OEMs, back in the day.

DSC_5305-M.jpg

We have had these bars on since last... June or July? The car has been on the lift for pre-race inspection a dozen times since then and this is one of the things my technicians here at Vorshlag look at. These U-bolts haven't loosened once, but we'll keep eyeing them. The car has been tracked and autocrossed a bunch of times since these parts went on.

DSC_5307-M.jpg

We've had the cast aluminum, Whiteline Watts Link supplied diff cover off a couple of times, to replace/rebuild differentials. The first time the diff fluid was leaking a tiny bit, so they took extra care when sealing the cover each subsequent time. That's the only thing we've had to do over - the diff cover seal, but it was probably our fault for not getting the surface of the diff housing perfectly clean and/or not using enough RTV when installing the cover. The WL rear swaybar has been flawless.

If you look closely there are paintmarks on all of the critical suspension bolts (normally on the nut side, most of which aren't visible in the two pictures here) and even the axle tubes (red paint). We've been worried about the axle tubes slipping relative to the center of the diff housing (they are pressed in). So far, so good. Now that this car isn't running SCCA Solo ever again, we will go ahead and weld the tubes to the housing, for extra peace of mind.

Cheers,

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
We've been worried about the axle tubes slipping relative to the center of the diff housing (they are pressed in). So far, so good. Now that this car isn't running SCCA Solo ever again, we will go ahead and weld the tubes to the housing, for extra peace of mind.

Cheers,

FWIW, once those tubes slip, they'll leak/seap slightly. I'm looking to have mine welded as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back