Who makes the BOSS 302R oil pan?

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Not sure who makes the FRPP one, but I doubt it is Moroso. They have a new extra-capacity oil pan coming out that's priced in line with their usual offerings (which is to say "sane"). Here's the specs I pulled:

New and Soon to be released Moroso's 2011-up 5.0C Oil Pan
Part# 20571

Baffled Steel Oil Pan for FORD 5.0 "COYOTE" ENGINES

Fits: Mustang, 2011-up ; Mustang 1979-2010 and other Ford Rear Sump applications

* Fabricated steel with a clear zinc finish
* Oil pan has a thick steel rail with a 2 3/8" deep front section and a 6 5/8" deep by 9-1/8" long rear sump
* Designed to be used with the 5.0 "Coyote" factory windage tray,oil pump pickup and dipstick
* Features a race-proven, trap door assembly and anti-slosh baffle that keeps oil contained in oil pump pickup area
during road racing and drag racing
* Extra capacity: holds 2 more quarts than stock [PN: as opposed to 4 more with the 302R pan]
* 1/2"npt fitting for supercharger drain back
* 1/2"npt fitting for oil temperature sender

I understand an aluminum version will be released a bit later.

Best,
-j

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That's just FRPP tax, I'm sure it's not made by them.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Will the 5.8l version fit from the GT500? It's new pan is over size and cast aluminum probably makes the whole bottom of the motor more ridged which never hurts.

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Moroso #20572 - Now that's more like it! $300 to $450 for a pan with an additional 2 quarts capacity sounds reasonable to me.

Would I like 4 more quarts? Sure. For almost another $1K on the price tag? Hell no. For less than that you can plumb in a full accumulator and oil cooler system.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back