why am i not going faster?

RETROPNY

Reaction score
355 or 373

i have a set of 355 that came out of car or should i buck up and go with 373 to help me???:roflmao::roflmao::stfu::stfu::stfu::stfu:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As long as you don't have any gear whine, there's really no need to swap them out.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Retropony,
Your car and my car setup almost alike. I still run the stock converter, but I also use 28" tires. I've been 11.00@125 with a DA of -1500. The only thing I can think of is your car was running hot or as others have said your IAT's were up there. My car does slow down when it's run hot or in the heat as it pulls the timing. Maybe your converter is not locking up like it should?

RETROPNY

Reaction score
has any had problems with saleen water pump

Has any one had problems with the water pump for the saleen super charger? i have had it for 3 years now !:popcorneat::popcorneat::popcorneat:May bee this is my problem?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you really need to datalog a run while you make a pass. What kind of tuner do you have? (Diablosport or SCT?).

Gearing is not your problem as your good till at least 121 mph with your current setup. Its either your IATs are too hot and the tune pulls timing, or perhaps you have knock sensor activity which also backs down the timing.

A cheap way to test this theroy is put some 104 unleaded race gas in it and see if it makes a difference. The better gas would prevent detonation, which would eliminate the knock sensors. But if your IATs are too high, I believe most tunes will back down the timing regardless of the gas that is used.

The only other thing I can think of is if your converter is not going into lockup. My stock converter went south when I was on the 125 shot, and when it did, the top end was just flat---because the converter was slipping.

RETROPNY

Reaction score
sct tuner

Thanks for the info i have a sct tuner so with my tire height 355 wont be better for me to put me in the sweet spot? i have to ck my pump to make sure it is working.hope not :lol2::lol2:.

RETROPNY

Reaction score
I A T

i think i should put a gauge in for IAT were does it go???:lol2:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your water pump isn't working, your car would overheat in a few minutes. What does your coolant temp gauge say? Is it hot after a pass?

The IAT sensor needs to go in an intake runner AFTER the supercharger, as the supercharger heats up the air. That way you get a true IAT reading.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What are your spark plugs gapped at and how old are they? I've ran without the intercooler pump once because the plug broke and I did not catch it. The car slowed down on every pass.

RETROPNY

Reaction score
just ckd pump

Well i just dug thru the snow to my garage and turned key on and the pump turned on after about 15 sec.the fluid was about 1" down the plugs were gaped by jpc racing not sure the gap. there in about year and a half on the plugs .I had hoped it was the pump .:wtf1:

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sticking with converter for now but hopefully next week if I can get to the track I may be able to let you know more.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back