why do the airaid/roush intake get no love?

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
why do the airaid/roush intake get no love?

-plastic
-100mm maf with the option to stay at the stock 80mm
-great design, seems to look like it flows great

am i missing somthing? when i search i dont see alot of info from people using them?

just people asking about them, but people who have other intakes like jlt and CandL say that theres is the best.

i think someone mentioned BBR did a test and found the airaid to come in second on there tests out of all the popular intakes but i am not sure if this is true.

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
why are you still bitter that i would not trade you mufflers?

let it go and please refrane from making ussless posts

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i think it's just that the cai threads are worn out. that being said, i like my airaid. i like it's versatility to run it w/o a tune to start with if a person doesn't have the coin to ante up for a tuner from the get-go, and then he can buy a tuner later and remove the insert and go to a more aggressive tune.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
why are you still bitter that i would not trade you mufflers?

let it go and please refrane from making ussless posts
Trust me I am not bitter about that, I got what I wanted in the end, so I could give a shit less.
But you keep posting up these stupid ass questions about the simplest shit that if you actually searched properly you could find the answers to. You even said in your original post that you saw a test where it placed second. You answered your own fucking question in your original post.

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
i feel the same, nice quatermile times, i am after your same mods except i am going shortys and hopefully same times, are you on radials or slicks during that run?

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
Trust me I am not bitter about that, I got what I wanted in the end, so I could give a shit less.
But you keep posting up these stupid ass questions about the simplest shit that if you actually searched properly you could find the answers to. You even said in your original post that you saw a test where it placed second. You answered your own fucking question in your original post.

please re-read, i never said i saw, i said i saw someone post that info. this isnt useless post. secondly i said i searched and found no info for what i was looking for. i sware people from so md are so ass backwards sometimes, stubborn, and hard of hearing.

If you have nothing to add that answers my questions then why add them? :kma:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with us MD folks.

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Here, you want someone to spoon feed you the answer?
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45083&highlight=bbr+airaid
It gets no love because it is a no tune required intake, regardless of being able to change the MAF size, the inlet tubing is still the same size once you take the venturi out.
And it's SWEAR not SWARE. BTW, when you read things, like on this forum, the terminology would be that they are illiterate, not hard of hearing, smart one.

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
laura i live i MD, i was refering to So MD guys.

Fallen, FYI once you remove the venturi you have a 101mm maf size, not a stock size. When the venturi is removed the inlet is a true 101mm inlet. its a non tune intake with the venturi installed. C and L offers the same, JLT will soon also from what i read. the link you posted doesnt answer my question.
i myself have the venturi removed and use the appropriate tune from diablo and would put it again a jlt or c and l with appropriate tune anyday.

again what i am asking is why you dont hear more about them. the more i think about it the more i see theres no marketing for it. when you get down to it, putting aside the maf size, there just filters on the end of sticks. the more curves the greater the obsticals but the the tube is smooth and flows well with no kinks. look at them side by side.

images
images

both are large maf sizes 101mm vs 110mm
both equal around 4 inch + tubes
both use material that disapates heat fast
both fit well
both use awsome flowing filters
all thats left is the tune

Last edited:

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I am sure you dont hear about them more because they aren't heavily marketed as a high performance intake. They dont have a ton of exposure like C&L, JLT, etc. They are like K&N they are marketed as a bolt in intake that doesnt require a tune.

topbliss

Reaction score
I like em.. I like to think outside the box, thats why I installed a Roush cai on my father in laws GT and a FRPP 'bullitt' on my GT. Love em both. Personally I think ALL the others look ugly and I agree, they don't flow any better. I Put down some excellent hp and torque numbers with a FRPP cai. More then any of the C&L etc intakes that I have seen..

RDK

forum member
Reaction score
i dunno why that is..
also no mustang guy uses Whiteline suspension.. but all subaru people use it

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I'm not too hard to get along with, but you have to understand how frustrating it is seeing a million CAI threads a day lol

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i feel the same, nice quatermile times, i am after your same mods except i am going shortys and hopefully same times, are you on radials or slicks during that run?

i think this was directed to me? maybe? anyway my best passes have been on bias ply et streets 26x11.5x17

laz2447

forum member
Reaction score
I like em.. I like to think outside the box, thats why I installed a Roush cai on my father in laws GT and a FRPP 'bullitt' on my GT. Love em both. Personally I think ALL the others look ugly and I agree, they don't flow any better. I Put down some excellent hp and torque numbers with a FRPP cai. More then any of the C&L etc intakes that I have seen..

x2...I went with the Roush for the same reason as you Frank. I got tired of seeing the same kits under the hood of every car out there. They all flow better than your factory airbox and when matched with a tune will all flow with in a few HP of one another from what I have seen since becoming an S197 owner earlier this year.

Although I wish I would of just bought the AIRAID instead of having the Roush name on my intake tube. While I paid less for the Roush brand new from DM than any other vendor out there for an AIRAID or Roush, I feel like I am not supporting the real manufacturer of the CAI...

If I would do it again, and I still might...I would buy an AIRAID and support the true manufacturer of the kit. Not Roush who slaps their name on something and calls it theirs...:2cents:

w9b5155

Reaction score
Newbie here. Roush cai installed w/out insert and car doesn't want to run correctly. Runs a min or so and then idle drops below 500 and wants to die. Sluggish throttle response and some backfire if too much throttle. Roush site and AM say no tune required. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back