Why is it so hard to find a 2015 GT brake hardware kit?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I bought some S550 4 piston calipers to retrofit to my car. I have basically everything I need at this point except rotors, and the caliper hardware.

I bought some pads a little while back from rock auto which said they came with hardware, so I didn't order a hardware kit with that particular order. I got the pads and found out they only came with the large flat metal pad retainers, they did not come with the pins or the spring clips. Wish I had known that.

So, I wanted to order rotors and the hardware kit. Rock Auto apparently has no rotors coming from the same place as the hardware kit meaning I would have to pay a separate shipping charge of $7 JUST for a $13 hardware kit (as an aside, they are also showing $38 shipping for two rotors...wtf is that).

I looked up the hardware kit on Advance Auto's site. They show it on the site as "ship to home only" but when you add it to your cart, it says only quantity of 0 is available and won't let you complete the order (never understood why their site is like that). Autozone doesn't even list the hardware kit.

Sigh. Figures the smallest thing I need would be the biggest pain in the ass to get.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Tasca out of the question?
Pretty sure the hardware you speak of shows up on the diagram

46addict

Reaction score
Yeah try Tasca first. If for some reason you can't get it through them, $7 for shipping from Rockauto is not unreasonable. They are very thorough with their packaging from my experience.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe tougher to get because it's for an application that was brand new only a few years ago, and probably not many requests for it yet in the aftermarket??

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well the oldest ones are a couple years old at this point (since they started selling in 2014)...and I figure standard practice on a pad swap is to change out the hardware as well. I just figured it would be more available.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well it looks like Tasca has the kit for $11 a side...at any rate it's more expensive with shipping. Guess I'll just have to go through Rock Auto.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Did you contact Steve@Tasca through the forum? If not, shoot him a PM. He may be able to get you a little better deal.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Easy for me to say. But I think you are fighting over pennies somewhat. You went to the "Generic:" company that stated comes with Hardware in the description. The only hardware it came with were shims. Kind of misleading in my thoughts. Contact Steve direct as there is a forum discount for us. You will also be getting Ford parts!

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordered them from Tasca...they're on backorder. Tough to find everywhere I guess.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back