Why is there a random pic in my signature?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I've never had a pic at all in my sig. Now I have one of some random car on a dyno. Did I miss something? Did I win a car, and nobody told me?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not on my laptop you don't.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. This version of V Bulletin is familiar and stable. One of the forums I frequent has the newest V Bulletin, Version 5.1.2 and it's a fucking disaster, nothing works and it has a totally different look.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Yeah, please no updates... I can only use the Speedfire version as the "Default" won't let me mark the posts as read. Don't need any more issues. :thud:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. This version of V Bulletin is familiar and stable. One of the forums I frequent has the newest V Bulletin, Version 5.1.2 and it's a fucking disaster, nothing works and it has a totally different look.

This. Happened to fnsweet a couple years ago, except I think they mistakenly updated to a mobile version because most links no longer existed. The Admin wasn't smart enough to back everything up before the swap so there was no way to reverse it. That upgrade destroyed the forum.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
V4 is a little "cleaner," shall I say, and the search box is easily accessible for the newbies who still won't read rules. I like having the "What's New?" button right there as well, instead of having to go through a menu to get to it:

http://www.memphisracing.com/forums/content.php

http://www.gamehavoc.com/content.php

There are also other positives to it, plus I'm sure there are more custom mods we could add to the package. Also, I'm sure someone is going to mention updating the vBulletin logo as many have done so before when the topic of forum upgrade comes up.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Is vBilletin susceptible to hackers? If so, how bulletproof are the newer versions. I couldn't stand the forum always being hacked and offline. That would suck! I'd actually have to work for a living if that happened!!

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
VB is pretty stable, for 5.1.2 to be jacked up, means the forum admin did something wrong. Adding mods to VB will ruin updates, unless the updates are maintained well.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I was reading comments from last year, and a lot of people hated VB 5 so much that they swapped forum APIs (jumped ship from VB) all together. The forums that I have been to that use V4 haven't had any issues. The only issue we had on the GameHavoc one, that I listed, is that we had to redo the color scheme to match what we had in V3. Since we use the default here, that shouldn't be an issue.

As already stated, most forums have add-ons upon add-ons, and most don't realize what can and can't carry over to the next version. The closer you stay to "stock," the easier it is to upgrade, and the less issues you will have.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Who even does those updates on this site? On all of the of the forums I am on you know who the main administrator is, on here I have no idea. I'm guessing whoever this person is doesn't really frequent the forums much, which is probably part of the issue…

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kim is the only one that can update the software

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VB 4 sucks as well. This forum version is the best one they have made. VB was bought out by Internet Brands several years ago. When they took over, they created VB 4 and its been down hill ever since. 1000s of forum owners jumped ship to other forum software, ie IPB and XF. The version S197 is on is the last version the older company made and is by far the most stable version. The only thing good about vb 4 is that the forum has a responsive design that will fit on a phone's screen better then this version. That's really it. I would never update this forum to vb 4 or 5. Maybe get a new skin look, but would avoid updating to a higher version.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back