Why My Engine Blew....

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
This ECU reminds me of the some of the GM adaptive ECU's and the Porsche adaptive ECU's.

seXXXpac

Reaction score
Wow, some good information in here.

Don't mean to ressurect a dead thread, but I was directed here after having problems with my install.
We installed LT's, O/R X, catback, CAI and a tune (very basic stuff), and now my car runs wonky.. to the point where I can't even drive it. I've moved it probably 200 feet since everything went on.

After reading this thread, I will definitely be checking on the O2 extensions. They were a little bit of a PITA to connect, and there was some filing that had to be done to make them actually snap into place.
If anyone wants to hear how it runs, I'll gladly post a video of the first start-up. The sounds quality isn't particularly great, but you can definitely hear the consistant, repetitive, surging idle. Almost like the VCT has no idea what it's doing.

Side note: I freakin' HATE DBW. The PCM has far too much control of our vehicles these days.

cyclerick

forum member
Reaction score
My NA car with SW LT headers and complete exhaust came with an O2 extension cable which never connected properly from day 1 so I tye-strapped it together and that eliminated the CEL for a while. Finally got SW to send another cable and same issue with connector and CEL so I finally freed up the OEM cable and attached it directly. Still got CEL so I replaced the driver's side O2 sensor and fixed problem.

TimMcc

Reaction score
I had the same connector with my SW LT's on my 11 that wasnt conencting properly and threw a code. Free'd up the OEM harness and threw that junk harness in the trash.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back