wideband and o2 sensor question

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Alright so quick question for you guys. I just received my Innovate wideband gauge setup and was wondering since I have my rear O2 sensors turned off in the tune can I use one of the pre-existing o2 bungs for the rear. I have a O/R h pipe if that helps at all? The local shop wants 100$ to install the bung :wtf:

AKA can I remove my stock rear o2 sensor since It's not being used and use the bung for my wideband sensor?

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Yes you can, I've done the exact same thing on both cars.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
Not sure about the Innovative, but the AEM wideband recommends being near a certain length down the exhaust.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
Just bumping this to ask if anyone had had any problems come up with installing your wideband in the rear o2's? Some are saying the reading wont be accurate.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Temperature and pressure do effect the readings, but it should be pretty negligible between the front and rear o2 bungs.
The only problem I've ever had is the o2 sensor being too close to the turbo and it overheating, or it being to close to the end of the exhaust and it being contaminated by pulses of outside fresh air.

1SonicGT

forum member
Reaction score
Just bumping this to ask if anyone had had any problems come up with installing your wideband in the rear o2's? Some are saying the reading wont be accurate.

I can't speak for everyone but mine worked flawlessly. I have Kooks longtubes so the space difference between my first and second o2 sensors is like 5 inches. BTW I got mine tuned by Eric Brooks and the car runs better then when I had boltons IMO.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score

I've been fine going on 5 years with the sensor in the rear O2 location

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back