Wideband O2 placement

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
Putting a procharger on my car soon and looking into the gauges I want. Was considering a wideband just to make sure things are running good. If I put the sensor(s) for it where the rear O2's go would that be close enough for an accurate reading? That would be nice since no bungs would have to be welded in. Have Kooks l/t's and off road H. Rear O2's are off in the tune.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
Yep run your factory front o2s in the first bung on each side. run the wideband in one rear o2 spot and plug the other bung. Should be in good shape

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
^^Agreed! If you want to take it to the next level you can get two widebands and put one sensor in each rear bung. This will ensure there are no variances from bank to bank.

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^Agreed! If you want to take it to the next level you can get two widebands and put one sensor in each rear bung. This will ensure there are no variances from bank to bank.

That leads me to my next question...is there one bank that usually runs leaner than the other? I doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That leads me to my next question...is there one bank that usually runs leaner than the other? I doubt it but doesn't hurt to ask.

I have two widebands and the PS usually runs just slightly leaner than the DS. IDK about other cars but that's how mine is.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score

I tried to find that out when I installed mine. I really couldn't find a definitive answer. I don't think the difference would ever be enough to mean anything unless something was already broken.

Mine is on the driver side because it was easier to reach :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score
For accuracy I would put it as close to the motor as possible. I have mine right at the beginning of the mid pipe.
I would think the passenger side might run a touch leaner because of the way it receives fuel from the other rail and not directly.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Can they be ran in the up stream o2 spots and plugged into the stock connectors? I have a catted magnaflow x pipe so guessing after cats are bad idea

07 Boss

Reaction score
Can they be ran in the up stream o2 spots and plugged into the stock connectors? I have a catted magnaflow x pipe so guessing after cats are bad idea

WUT? You wanna put your gauge sensors in your front O2 sensor bungs? And where are you going to put your front sensors then? What stock connectors are you refering to?

mach828

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of reputable places make dyno tunes from sniffer readings at the tail pipe. Using the rear o2 bung is plenty good.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
A lot of reputable places make dyno tunes from sniffer readings at the tail pipe. Using the rear o2 bung is plenty good.

And there's also a correction factor in the software for doing that - FYI.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
as said, you want it as close to the exhaust ports as possible, so it gets all four cylinders on that bank, you dont want it too far down the exhaust stream

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Re-using the rear O2 bungs for wide bands will work just fine, even if cats are used. VMP sez to just ignore the 1st 2-300 rpm on any dyno run, if cats are used.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back