wideband o2

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
You may be able to read off them using a WB controler, but I wouldnt recomend it.
The problem is that the controller would have a different ground and Id be concerned that you could have a pull-up or pull-down effect that would offset the voltage and make it read wrong. Since the widebands are essential to the factory ECU, you wouldnt want to effect their readings in any way.

The thing to do is to get something that will read AFR based on the on-board diagnostics. I see many people using the Aeroforce interceptor gauges.
I personally use an Innovate OT-2, but I cant get it to read AFR, just lambda. Its not a problem for me since Im used to looking at lambda values.

McClane

forum member
Reaction score
Get an Aeroforce Interceptor gauge. They will display almost if not all factory ECU readings. If you piggyback them you can display 4 different readings at a time.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Here's a Lambda calculator.

And here's a chart.

LambdaTableJPG.jpg

I agree with the comment above about Aeroforce gauges. Shows you the AFR easily. I have two and show AFR, Timing, Inlet Air Temp and MPH.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
What's the difference between gas and gasoline on the chart? Natural gas?

Last edited:

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
How would I know if I have a knock
I mean that's what destroyed my motor in the first place

Make a det can for testing and listen with yourears at all times. Detonation has a very particular noise. I've experienced detonation many times in many different cars and have yet to lose an engine to it.

Last edited:

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
Once the tune is dialed in. You shouldn't have to worry about knock. Your PCM will pull 5-8* of timing if it senses knock. If you get more than that your tune is off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back