Wierd down shift issue.......

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Mods are in my sig.

Driving on the highway at speeds around 60mph, when I go WOT it kicks down hard and fast like it should but does something really odd when it comes to the upshift.

Upon WOT at the above mentioned speeds the RPMS shoot up to about 5500 like normal but as soon as it revs up to the shift point, it shifts, and then it acts like the engine just falls on its face and the RPM's immediately fall down to 2000 RPM or so. This is all going on with the gas peddle still to the floor. If I leave my foot to the floor, the vehicle would eventually just roll to a stop. If I lift off the gas pedal right after it happens, it resumes to drive like normal again while crusing.

This has happened twice this week when trying to roll race a couple cars on my drive home from work. To say the least its pretty embarrissing. Good races dont happen that often in my area and when my car does this, it gives the impression that I either cant drive, or I bitched out.

Any ideas before i contact Brenspeed.

-Nick

01bluesnake

Reaction score
Try turning off traction and stability to be sure one of those isnt kicking in first.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hold the tc button and brake for 10 seconds. It should show advancetrack off.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
when i go WOT at around 45 and mine spins, mine doesnt fall on its face or feel like it looses power at all... it will just spin and once it hooks it just continues pulling... i too think you have a tune issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back