Will the Boss 302/GT500 rear lower bumper cover fit a 2010 Mustang GT without mods?

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bernalillo County, USA, N
My car was rear ended and I am going to take it to the shop and get it fixed. Directly from Ford the Boss 302/GT500 rear lower bumper cover (black lower half) is cheaper than the GT part. Both parts are factory OEM from Ford.

I asked the shop if they could put the Boss 302 bumper piece on instead of the factory GT one and was told that the Boss 302 piece will not fit without modification.

From what I understand is that it should fit right up without issue. Am I wrong? If I can find something that proves that it is a a direct replacement with no modifications then I can get them to order what I want.

Thanks!!

hilo

forum member
Reaction score
There is a 2010 GT sitting on the local lot that I looked at that has the Boss front bumper. I spoke to my buddy that works in the garage and did all the work to the car and he told me that the Boss lower bumper did require modding for it to fit.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
OP - Do you have the backup sensors? If so, you might have to drill the holes for them to fit in the Boss piece.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back