Will the studs be long enough with a 1/2 spacer , 15inch wheel?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
It would be easier to run a jegs rear and then a weld no matter what, that is what im going to do for the rear.

Go-Fast, do you have a 2007? Let me know how the front Welds work for you it will determine if I order the welds or the jegs for the front.

I don't see any 1/2 x 20 lug nuts on Jegs.com!? i only see 1/2'' RH Open End Nuts?

I think the weld pro stars will bolt up better than the weld drag lites in that photo, i believe drag lites have even less clearance.

Go-fast can u hook me up with a link of the lug nuts you ordered? Let me know how your results are using the long shank nuts w/ the 1/2 spacer and the 7/16 spacer for comparison. Don't forget to take photos ;) i hope u have a 2007 so it would be like putting it on mine so u can tell me the results.. :) I will be waiting !!!

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
I actually have a 2010. But from what I've seen by comparison at my local shop mine look same as 07+ so should be same.
I'm going to try the prostar but I think I'm going to end up using alumastars.

The other guy Adam (konabluegt10) has 17x4 alumastars with 2.25 backspace and they fit with no grinding or spacer I like that much better.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
When u say grind the calipers. How much material you have to remove??
Could u use a small spacer to clear the caliper?

+1. I would rather use a small spacer than grind when possible.
So, same question. Has anyone used a small spacer instead of grinding (rears mainly)?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
17 inch wheels though, we were trying to do 15 inch wheels :p

Go-fast u did still order the 15inch prostars though right?

If so, please let me know ASAP how they work for you on your car.

if they dont pan out, ill go jegs and just grind caliper.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
on the rear you'll need to grind the top of hte caliper to get the 15" rim to fit over it if you went with a prostar or something. I might "make" a spacer this weekend just to see how it fits over the caliper since I have a couple prostars in the garage that are 15x3 1/2 with 1.75 bs. I grinded the front calipers to get the prosars on my 95 but will not on this car.

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
on the rear you'll need to grind the top of hte caliper to get the 15" rim to fit over it if you went with a prostar or something. I might "make" a spacer this weekend just to see how it fits over the caliper since I have a couple prostars in the garage that are 15x3 1/2 with 1.75 bs. I grinded the front calipers to get the prosars on my 95 but will not on this car.

yeah thats for Weld Pro Star rears

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back