Will this lower full pump duty cycle?

moooosestang

Reaction score
Since my battery is in the trunk now it seemed silly to have some 20 feet of wire running from the fpdms all the way to the fuse box under the hood. So I ran it directly to the battery. This has to reduce voltage drop to the fuel pumps right? This is the dual gt500 pumps that came with the whipple ho kit. 20231112_141822.jpg

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
Yes, that’s a good move. When I moved the battery to the trunk I did the same thing. Ran a #10 wire from the battery kill switch directly to the fuel pump rely next to the FPDM. Less than 2 Ft of wire.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Yes, that’s a good move. When I moved the battery to the trunk I did the same thing. Ran a #10 wire from the battery kill switch directly to the fuel pump rely next to the FPDM. Less than 2 Ft of wire.
+1 more...............excellent move.

According to my automotive wire sizing chart.......that 2'-3' of 10 awg wire can carry an amp load of 200A w\o issue..........you good. I'd fuse it to protect the relay & FPDM though.....not so much the wire itself.

FYI................

Last edited:

moooosestang

Reaction score
+1 more...............excellent move.

According to my automotive wire sizing chart.......that 2'-3' of 10 awg wire can carry an amp load of 200A w\o issue..........you good. I'd fuse it to protect the relay & FPDM though.....not so much the wire itself.

FYI................
I kept the whipple fuse. This also reduced weight, lol! I'm nickle and diming the weight reduction now, but everything helps.

Back