window tint

acrbill

Reaction score
Back when I had my 07 I know there was an issue with the tint getting scratched up so people were installing moleskin to prevent this.

Has the issue been rectified on the 2010+?

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Back when I had my 07 I know there was an issue with the tint getting scratched up so people were installing moleskin to prevent this.

Has the issue been rectified on the 2010+?

Nope!!!! Mine is a 5.0 built in June 2010 and it sucks now. It used to be ok but now it squeak really loud when cold on the very end back close to the handle. i clean that rubber piece in the corner and help a lot but i still have the protector strip i bought for my 2009 and i will see if it fit then install it.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
if its a good tint job and you keep it clean you wont get those scratches... i do tinting for a living and all my mustang windows have looked great years and years after getting them done.

acrbill

Reaction score
Why don't you read those links you posted before you moved the thread? My question is technical in nature.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why don't you read those links you posted before you moved the thread? My question is technical in nature.

Sorry not in the view of this board

acrbill

Reaction score
No wonder I keep seeing post on other forums from people who fled this forum never to return.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No wonder I keep seeing post on other forums from people who fled this forum never to return.

and yet the membership and daily on-line users continues to increase.

to each his own. :beer:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Tint protectors are so easy to install, dont chance it.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I was told the 08-09 would be okay. mine seems to already have some felt there, though it's not super soft or anything but my tint has been holding up.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I was told the 08-09 would be okay. mine seems to already have some felt there, though it's not super soft or anything but my tint has been holding up.

thats because those years they changed the window weather stripping, some guys have gone to ford part sites and have ordered the 08-09 weather stripping and fixed the scratching issue. really depends on the car itself.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Mine were done in March of 08 on my Oct 2007 build 2008 GT. No moleskin added and no special attention paid to anything, just tint, and it still looks like it did the day I had it installed.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
thats because those years they changed the window weather stripping, some guys have gone to ford part sites and have ordered the 08-09 weather stripping and fixed the scratching issue. really depends on the car itself.
Gotcha, thank you!

On another random note, anyone notice our windows/doors are really prone to catching tree sap and random stuff? I always find like leaves and stuff in the window slot so maybe that's something to watch out for if you're worried about scratches.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is an 06 and it is bad. Driving at nite is a pain.

I am going the Tint Protector route as stated above and have the tint redone.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back