Winter/Snow tires!

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I used the Michelin X-ice Xi-2 this winter and last winter. They work great in snow, slush and icy roads. They are also the highest rated snow and ice tire on tirerack.com based on user surveys. Last winter I had to drive through several snow storms to get to work at odd hours of the night and when the AWD cars on all season tires were stuck and sliding around, I was able to make it to work in my Mustang with these tires. The befuddled look you get form Subaru owners when you pass them going up a hill is definitely worth having food snow tires. They are also very quiet on dry roads and most of them are rated as GreenX low rolling resistance tires which can improve your gas mileage.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=X-Ice+Xi2

The previous few winters I used the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 tires. They worked great in the snow, but weren't as good in icy conditions as the Xi-2 tires. They are also V speed rated for 149 MPH and their handling on dry roads is better than the Xi2 and many all season tires I used. They are also very quiet on dry roads and most of them are rated as GreenX low rolling resistance tires which can improve your gas mileage.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Alpin+PA3

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I used the Michelin X-ice Xi-2 this winter and last winter. They work great in snow, slush and icy roads. They are also the highest rated snow and ice tire on tirerack.com based on user surveys. Last winter I had to drive through several snow storms to get to work at odd hours of the night and when the AWD cars on all season tires were stuck and sliding around, I was able to make it to work in my Mustang with these tires. The befuddled look you get form Subaru owners when you pass them going up a hill is definitely worth having food snow tires. They are also very quiet on dry roads and most of them are rated as GreenX low rolling resistance tires which can improve your gas mileage.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=X-Ice+Xi2

The previous few winters I used the Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 tires. They worked great in the snow, but weren't as good in icy conditions as the Xi-2 tires. They are also V speed rated for 149 MPH and their handling on dry roads is better than the Xi2 and many all season tires I used. They are also very quiet on dry roads and most of them are rated as GreenX low rolling resistance tires which can improve your gas mileage.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Alpin+PA3

Thanks for your input! I think I will get the X-ice. How did they handle on clear/plowed roads?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
You can also lower the pressure for more traction...
4pw40m.jpg

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input! I think I will get the X-ice. How did they handle on clear/plowed roads?

On clear roads, they felt similar to the stock Mustang tires. However in warmer weather, they don't inspire as much confidence in corners as the stock tires did of course.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
On clear roads, they felt similar to the stock Mustang tires. However in warmer weather, they don't inspire as much confidence in corners as the stock tires did of course.

I run the XIces on my Subie for the winter, I've been pleasantly surprised with the dry handling.. they do wander a bit more at 70+, and they obviously do not corner like the Hankook V12 summer set but around town I have no problems being a bit aggressive with them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back