Wipers and climate control stopped working

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
In the 08 gt500, for no reason the wipers and climate control stopped working. No lights on the knobs, no rear defrost, nothing.

Checked all fuses and relays, even swapped them out in the vert, they were good. I am at a loss here. I am assuming it is the cluster, but no reason for it to crap out.

Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Nothing at all. Ok, does anyone have a cluster I could buy? Also, looking at the schematic, I cannot see how the wipers and the climate control are connected, so why would both crap out and not a single fuse or relay be bad.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Nothing at all. Ok, does anyone have a cluster I could buy? Also, looking at the schematic, I cannot see how the wipers and the climate control are connected, so why would both crap out and not a single fuse or relay be bad.

Sounds more like the smart junction box is the culprit. I believe.it controls both the wipers and HVAC among other things

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
What year is the car?

Never Mind. Might be better if I read first!

Some info thst might help.

In the SJB the Fuse for the Wipers is #3. It is 10 Amp snd dhould be Hot in Run or Acc. Has a Red/Yellow Wire leading to i.

For the Ac there are a few:

Fuse #12 is 5A and is Hot in Start or Run. Has a Brown/White Wire

Fuse #10 is 5A and is Hot All the time. Has a Red/Yellow Wire

Fuse #14 is 5A and is Hot in Start or Run. Has a Violet/Orange Wire

I would carefully remove the SJB and inspect for corrosion or moisture!

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
No moisture. The car sits covered. It was working just fine till yesterday. I will pull the sjb and see why happens. I disconnected the battery cor 1/2 hr and still nothing.
I am gonna pull the sjb tomorrow night.
Thanks guys, don't want to sell it, but night be time

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Let us know what you find. I have a similar problem. I can not figure out how the two are connected either. Prints definitely don't show them being on common power. My issue is that something is wrong with the wipers, and if I forget and try and turn them on, it blows a fuse in the SJB and I loose climate control as well.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
My #3 fuse is not blown. I have no lights on the climate cluster either. Might pull the one from the vert and try it out.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Update.

Climate control fixed. Turned out that the add a fuse crapped out. It was enough to show good fuses through visual and testing, but not enough to let the functions do there thing.

Now the wipers still do not work. Gonna jump into the actual wiper motor under the cowl and test. Hopefully the motor didn't crap out. All fuses are good.

Will keep updating. Might have to sell a nice gt500 cause the wipers don't work. :p

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Wiper problem found. As most know, on the firewall there are two rubber drain things. The drivers side was clogged up and water filled up just about covering the wiper motor.

Once drained and I removed the motor. I tested the harness. All power and controls work. Took apart the module on the motor and it was cooked. Song a now I am getting a new wiper motor.

For those blowing fuses, I would check that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back