wiring for Radar detector auto on

08RoushGT

forum member
Reaction score
Wired my valentine one to my SOS pillar pod where my gauges reside! Works flawlessly!!! Also installed a blend mount bracket to my rearview mirror for the radar detector. Looks like it came with the car!!! Great products

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing back an old thread. Just installed the add-a-circuit and everything and it works great. I'm only getting always on power from slot B. A and C dont do anything regardless of if the accessories are on or not. I'm ok with powering it down every time I get out of the car but the auto on is a nice feature. Any thoughts?

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Bringing back an old thread. Just installed the add-a-circuit and everything and it works great. I'm only getting always on power from slot B. A and C dont do anything regardless of if the accessories are on or not. I'm ok with powering it down every time I get out of the car but the auto on is a nice feature. Any thoughts?

C worked for me.

See write-up here: http://f.cl.ly/items/2m3v383Z2b0w022S1S3Y/S197 Mustang Radar Detector Hard Wire Guide.pdf

That's exactly what I did and it powers up on start and off when I turn the car off. What radar detector are you using?

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Passport 9500ix. Did all that except I'm running only 1 fuse. It is a SJB i transplanted from a 07 Shelby GT into my 06 GT because of water damage. I don't think that would make any difference.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Passport 9500ix. Did all that except I'm running only 1 fuse. It is a SJB i transplanted from a 07 Shelby GT into my 06 GT because of water damage. I don't think that would make any difference.

I used a 5 and a 3 amp. Does the 9500 use a telephone cord? If so, how many wires are in there?

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Yup. I believe there were 2 wires and used a 2 amp fuse because that's what the hardwire kit came with

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back