Worlds Biggest/Best Flowing S550 GT Heat Exchanger

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
It's a world record!!!!! (that's a joke)

Not screwing around with the S550. We started with putting the biggest HE you can possibly fit in the car. Period. No one will ever make one bigger. Second it has the ability to run -20 fittings/hoses so that's is maxed out too. We haven't decided what we're doing about fan(s) yet. But you can be sure that they will be HUGE!:thumb:

P1000742_zps756a30ca.jpg

Last edited:

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
This may or may not be a production piece. The tank is where the battery goes. The battery cover goes over the top so it looks stock. It has a pump built in that will run 18gpm (most stuff is 5-6gpm) if you're running our HE and manifold.

Ignore the welds. It's a test. Production stuff is perfect.
P1000724_zps81f49953.jpg

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Just curious but are you concerned with anybody stealing your idea(s) by putting this out there???? I'm just asking cuz you do some phenomenal work.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Just curious but are you concerned with anybody stealing your idea(s) by putting this out there???? I'm just asking cuz you do some phenomenal work.

Meh, "make it huge" isn't much of an idea, LOL. If someone copies us they won't be able to do it better, only "as good". And if they don't have our manifold the system won't work anywhere near what ours does. The HE will be great for any system, but it is really great when you use the rest of our stuff.

I highly doubt someone will copy the manifolds. At least for the current generation of blower (which will last another 5-6yrs). Everyone has theirs designed and in production. They won't do it over. Hopefully by the time everyone is copying us people will say "Well shit, Department Of Boost did that 5-6 years ago".:thumb:

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
If there are room for fans, it's not as big as it CAN be lol
Baffling or shroud? You going to use a female fitting for and end user so they can change the fitting size depending on app?

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
If there are room for fans, it's not as big as it CAN be lol
True:beerdrink:, it could be thicker. But we have tested this core at this thickness and twice this thick. At twice thick it's pretty much too thick. My car has one on it. it's stupid.

We ran one that wasn't quite as big on our 2010 shop car. It worked REALLY well. By far the best I have ever tested.

Baffling or shroud?
The stock stuff is AMAZING. Ford hit it out of the park. It's "race car" tight. There is effectively zero spillage. The only way to seal it better would be to use RTV.:thumb:

You going to use a female fitting for and end user so they can change the fitting size depending on app?
Exactly. This one has 1.25" NPT fittings in it. We will most likely do that for production. There are all sorts of 1.25-1" and 1.25-.75" bushings out there.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
well....break out the RTV, we need 100% efficiency on these things!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
The EB market has exploded with the IC demand as the stock IC is very ineffective, one guy was data logging at the track and at the big end was seeing -7 timing as the IAT's were through the roof!

Good reading in here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15352

I thought I saw where BBR had a big IC for them? Or maybe it was Full Race?

That is really not out cup of tea. We're going to do the crap out of the PD blower thing until we have the best stuff available and everyone knows it. It's taken us this long just to really get this all figured out (there isn't anyone to copy). And it will still be 2-3 yrs before we are out of product plans/ideas we already have.

Next step will be to add centri blowers to our wares. Then maybe get into turbos.

I want to be the best at what we do. That takes a lot of learning/R&D/time. It seems everyone else makes stuff "fit". My aim is to make stuff that "works".:thumb:

EDIT: I just clicked on that link. I don't want to swim in those waters. Some of that is already Chinese junk.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm down.

When I take this thing further, we need to chat. ;)

Keep up the great work.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
Nearly perfect fit right out of the box. Those huge lines in the background....go to the intercooler.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back