World's Fastest 3V

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kurt Borton's "Almond Assassin" '82 Fairmont clocked a 7.90/172.35 this past weekend at the Fuel Lab NMCA World Street Finals at Lucas Oil Raceway :boobies:

3V FTMFW!

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
As incredible as this sounds , This feet would be way more impressive if it was accomplished in a 3700 lb. S197. Iam quite confident if a few of us that run high horsepower 3 valves put our engines in a fox body or equal weighted car , we would run just as fast , if not quicker. That being said , congrats to the Borton camp on a job well done !

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
From another site back in May he posted his setup:
Boss block stroker, ported heads, custom cams, side slinger F1R, air to water IC, rear inlet sheet metal intake and a glide in my 82 Fairmont. At the time Procharger didn't have a cog setup for the F1R so I built one and added a front bearing support.

Right now I'm going to a reverse rotation forward facing blower and building a bigger set of headers, the old ones were 1 7/8 x 3.5 and really choking it down.

http://youtu.be/dvWIQcBmWbU

The cool thing about it I think is that this is still a street driven car and he brings it out for our local cruses often. Anyone who has heard and seen this thing run would not believe it's a 3V from the way it sounds lol

Last edited:

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Most wicked sounding 3v I've heard. The only other one I've heard come close is a Shelby GT on youtube titled "baddest sounding 3v ever". Im pretty sure that's the title.

Congrats to him

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
bad ass - congrats but I too, would like to see it in an S197

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back