WOT BOX Opinions

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody use this with an MT-82? I did a little searching and didn't see a ton of information. Anybody seen or heard of pitfalls to using this with our cars?

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I'm gonna try to get mine installed this week if I can get over this damn cold. I had one on my 04 Cobra and liked it. The 2step didn't get used a whole lot, but the no-lift-shift was great, and very useful to me, although shifting the T56 was much more difficult to powershift when compared to this MT82, so we'll see how much benefit it'll bring soon hopefully..

2005Redfire6

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure what the difference between an MT-82 and lets say a TR3650 would be as far as shifting goes since they are both remotely shifted. I have one in my car with the 3650 and I like it.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I got off my butt yesterday and installed the dang thing finally, and it worked flawlessly. I did have to hook it up to my lap-top and the car to change some settings to enable the device to know when the gas pedal is "up" or "down". I'm sure consistency will be much greater at the track with it. And of course powershifting is now even more of a breeze with the no-lift-shift feature. For the time/money invested, I'd say it's a great device.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
its def cool, but when I jam into 2nd gear sometimes it grinds a little.. idk why. I also can't really tell the difference since I haven't done a timed before and after. I can shift pretty fast manually.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody use this with an MT-82? I did a little searching and didn't see a ton of information. Anybody seen or heard of pitfalls to using this with our cars?

Pitfalls - Don't use with CATS. Other than that no pitfalls.

Towelie

forum member
Reaction score
I've noticed with mine, it afterfires like a motherfucker if you don't change the cut timing to around 75ms. On auto it'll sound like a damned gunshot

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yea it just dumps raw fuel into the exhaust, and will fire like a motherfucker out the exhaust, useful to fuck with people lol

dsmith658

forum member
Reaction score
Holy shit, so I bought this thing,and the install was a breeze. It went really quickly, besides the bottom ECU connector wire since it was tough to get to.

So I connect to it using the USB to serial adapter without any issues. I did all the setup, verified that the clutch down/up worked fine, and the throttle down/up worked fine, and they did. I pulled the serial cable from the WOT box, and started the test section. It failed all the tests with the LED never going off. EDIT - This is because I set up the shift light which disabled testing procedure.

I went to plug the computer back into the USB serial adapter, and everything went the same as before except the WOT box failed to connect. I checked device manager and the serial port had not changed, so I restarted the computer. No change. I tried multiple times to restart / reinstall drivers for the USB serial adapter etc etc but nothing helped. Then one time I tried connecting and it just worked. Really about 1/10 times I try successfully to connect.

Hopefully I hear back from them soon, but in the mean time does anybody have trouble connecting? Tips and tricks?

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The wire can be hit or miss.

And a USB to serial cable is stupid expensive

skaarlaj

Reaction score
I might have to gap my plugs a little tighter, as the two step function has temporarily fouled them up a time or two. I try to keep the 2-step time as short as possible because of this also.

Towelie

forum member
Reaction score
It's at auto but I'm not near my car and can't change it. I think it's because I'm boosted. It doesn't do it on low boost (4 lbs) either only high boost (10 lbs)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back